Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Do you swim?..I don't mean just wade in the water.

Options:

Yes

Hell naw!

Sometimes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM

yes i swim.

Believe86
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I love to swim,in fact we are going to put our daughter in swimming lessons this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I don't know but my bald headed daddy will not go anywhere near a pool. And my husband will get in the water but can't swim to save his life. We through him a going away party when before he left for basic. I was 7 months pregnant. This fool jumps into the 9 ft and straight sinks and does not come back up. Had to send E (his best friend) in after him. They come back up coughing and E cussing. And D gon say "okay let's do it again." SMH A month earlier me and my cousin tried to teach him to swim and almost drowned our damn selves for our trouble.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Most black females, don't swim, because don't want hairstyle to get mess up. I don't know what's the men excuse?

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I can't swim and my son is terrified of big pools of water. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Me and my S/O just spent a few hours yesterday at the pool with the kids. And yes, I do get in. Me and my S/O can both swim.

We live in a beach town, so we frequent the beach a lot during the summer months. My oldest and youngest love the water...my middle DD, not so much. She's content just to play on the shore line.

I have locs, so I really don't have the whole hair issue.

truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I just learned how to swim within the last couple of years. I asked my girls to take the class with me and I'm the only one that actually learned how to swim. We had fun during the lessons though.
NCmommie1012
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Lmao!! This made me and dh crack up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
To be honest with you, I have 5 kids, myself, none of us don't know how to swim. My oldest son is 19. This is terrible, I just pray, we never end up in water, needing help, hopefully someone will be around. My son will soon, be one of those, grown men, who never learned how to swim.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I don't know but my bald headed daddy will not go anywhere near a pool. And my husband will get in the water but can't swim to save his life. We through him a going away party when before he left for basic. I was 7 months pregnant. This fool jumps into the 9 ft and straight sinks and does not come back up. Had to send E (his best friend) in after him. They come back up coughing and E cussing. And D gon say "okay let's do it again." SMH A month earlier me and my cousin tried to teach him to swim and almost drowned our damn selves for our trouble.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Most black females, don't swim, because don't want hairstyle to get mess up. I don't know what's the men excuse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I don't know how to swim, but I would like for my kids to learn.  I would like to learn, myself, maybe, this summer, at the "Y", I might take swimming lessons. 

JayRo00
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

LMAO @ that picture. Yes, we love to swim. We swim all summer and sometimes in the winter. I have been swimming since about 5 yrs old and I encourage my kids to swim. My dd knows how but we are working with my ds to learn. I even went swimming in the middle of the atlantic ocean. Scary but fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)