Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Hello all,

I have a ex-bff that is my child's godmother and I am her child's godmother. We haven't spoken since September. Her birthday was Wednesday that just passed. She should I had my daughter call to wish her Happy Birthday? Since I didn't call for the birthday. I got her a Mother's Day's card. What should I get her as a gift?

DivaMom1118

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
DivaMom1118
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

@Believe...I agree what you're saying. That's how my ex-bff was. She let her job, family other issues get in the way of our friendship. She wasn't loyal.  

Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
We never shared an ill word with each other til the last 2yrs of our friendship. I've forgiven and apologized, she won't even acknowledge it happened...you cannot NOT address what happened to our friendship and what SHE did to ruin it. So I live with the fact I love(d) a snake, and will never have another outside female that close to my heart again.

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Me and my BFF of 20 yrs broke up a few yrs ago, I've never thought abt callin her since that last phone call..so I'm no help to you @ all!

Why did you guys stop speaking? would you make-up with her?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait? She SHOULD put fam over you...I can be no chicks everythang.

Quoting DivaMom1118:

@Believe...I agree what you're saying. That's how my ex-bff was. She let her job, family other issues get in the way of our friendship. She wasn't loyal.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don't get what a godmother is, I mean if your not friends with that person would you trust them with your kid? What kind of fall out was it?

DivaMom1118
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

I agree with that fam should come before friends, but we was so close that we're like family. I was closer to her then my own sister. She didn't take the time to spend with me or godchild. It was just work and her immediate family. I am a busy mom but I make time for her.

Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM
My bff was my bff for 20 yrs. and I don't have ANY sisters and she didn't either....we lived breeved for each other! ...and I still don't get what your saying.

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

I agree with that fam should come before friends, but we was so close that we're like family. I was closer to her then my own sister. She didn't take the time to spend with me or godchild. It was just work and her immediate family. I am a busy mom but I make time for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lady_J-z
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I recently read something about outgrowing your bff and I truly believes that it does happen. I don't know what happened between the two of you but I personally believe that if you two didn't end on bad terms then there shouldn't be a problem with being cordial now on the other hand if you two end on bad terms the way I did w/ mine then you have to feed peopl like that with a long handled spoon. Whatever the case may be it is ultimately your decision to be the bigger person regardless of the situation. I wish you the best of luck in your decision.

DivaMom1118
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

My bff was my bff for 20 yrs. and I don't have ANY sisters and she didn't either....we lived breeved for each other! ...and I still don't get what your saying.

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

I would go out my way to make her birthday special. She wouldn't do same for me. She hurt her leg and was out of work for a month. I planned a girls night at her house since she couldn't go anyway. I make time for her even though I am wife, worker, mom, daughter, sister, and I need some time for myself. I am always there for her and I don't feel like I get the same. You should understand being friends with someone for so long. I have her back. I

Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Rule #1: Do things for others w/o expectations.

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

I would go out my way to make her birthday special. She wouldn't do same for me. She hurt her leg and was out of work for a month. I planned a girls night at her house since she couldn't go anyway. I make time for her even though I am wife, worker, mom, daughter, sister, and I need some time for myself. I am always there for her and I don't feel like I get the same. You should understand being friends with someone for so long. I have her back. I

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DivaMom1118
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM

This is what started us not speaking. We've been bff since grade school, but I understand that things change as we get older. She pissed me off as always. It was my bdayin Sept 2011. I was suppose to have girl night in. But, due financial reason I cancel it. Well, she wasn't supportive of that. She was saying that was wack and that's for her 15 year old daughter to do. I told a lot of woman about the event and they loved the idea. So, she couldn't gone to the event. Then, she tells her and I could to the spa instead. I said ok. She was going to take me to the spa because I toke her to the spa for her birthday. When anyway, the week of my bday she tells me she has to study for the captain's test that she taking a prep course for it. Her brother just had a baby boy that week. I ask her what she doing for my bday and she said nothing!! I am not sure if I going to be here. She was thinking about seeing her new nephew. I was told in the future don't plan nothing. Then, she tells she wsn't aware about the prep course. Then, I told her she wasn't there for most of the milestone birthdays. She is so selfish. I planned a her dinner for her and she didn't show. Then, she through that in my face, because I was late. I couldn't believe that she did that. So, we're not talking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN