Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

my name is Latesha, and i'm a starch-aholic....

i just totally almost wigged out b/c i went in the kitchen howngree (starvin like marvin actually) for some new/sliced (canned) potatoes with green beans, vegan butter and garlic and realized i'm OUT of new/sliced potatoes and dont feel like peeln any taters (taters are my fave but i hate peeling them dang thangs!) i mean i was about to throw a tantrum!

then i found the bowtie pasta and an almost empty box of rotini and realized i can throw some in a pot and have it almost the same way with the vegan butter and garlic salt and pepper and still be in starch heaven... :) while i wait for the pasta to cook i am giving thanks that no one gets choked tonight cuz i get my fix!

what's your (food) vice? mine used to to be cheese first, then potatoes, now all starches since i kicked cheese to the curb...

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

wondering if you would like these rice balls my niece makes...japanese rice balls...i think theyre called oniri or something...feeling to lazy to google them but they're really good/tasty...

Quoting Anayiah3:

rice rice rice!! beans & rice white rice yellow rice fried rice LOL

Quoting 1214Choc:

Where do I start?  I love bread, pasta, AND rice.  Mmmmm....

Anayiah3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
North Carolina hbu?

Quoting graciefreesoul:

lol! what area you live in?

Quoting Anayiah3:

girl I eat rice with EVERYTHING! ! doesn't matter what I cook there's always a side of rice lol

Quoting graciefreesoul:

i didn't really care for rice til a couple years ago...now i have a rice cooker and keep a couple bags in the house...speaking of, i need to be making my grocery list LOL

Quoting Anayiah3:

RICE

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anayiah3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
gurl I would probably love them! its hard to have a nasty dish that includes rice. my parents and siblings call me Chinese because I've been caught eating plain white rice a " couple " of times lmao

Quoting graciefreesoul:

wondering if you would like these rice balls my niece makes...japanese rice balls...i think theyre called oniri or something...feeling to lazy to google them but they're really good/tasty...

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting 1214Choc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

up until a year or so ago i'd call you crazy cuz plain white rice would be the last thing you'd catch me eating lol when i was younger i had to have sugar and butter in them haha anyway, in the last year i started going to this one chinese food joint and they serve steamed rice with your food and at first i put sauce on and ate it that way...then i tasted it nekkid...OMG!! lol so good!

Quoting Anayiah3:

gurl I would probably love them! its hard to have a nasty dish that includes rice. my parents and siblings call me Chinese because I've been caught eating plain white rice a " couple " of times lmao

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting 1214Choc:

Anayiah3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM
girl I'm trying to tell you folks don't know what they are missing lol

Quoting graciefreesoul:

up until a year or so ago i'd call you crazy cuz plain white rice would be the last thing you'd catch me eating lol when i was younger i had to have sugar and butter in them haha anyway, in the last year i started going to this one chinese food joint and they serve steamed rice with your food and at first i put sauce on and ate it that way...then i tasted it nekkid...OMG!! lol so good!

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting 1214Choc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

LOL

do you 'wash' your rice before you cook it? after i got my rice cooker it was on like donkey kong and i will NEVER prepare rice any other way...

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting 1214Choc:

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Sweets, as long as they are baked and not pies, with the exception of cheesecake. Oh and banana pudding.

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

and speaking of yellow rice...i got a recipe from the back of my cumin spice thing for yellow rice...it'll be hard to do boxed/prepared yellow rice again too lol

Quoting Anayiah3:

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

:( i haven't had banana pudding in a couple years...haven't figured out how to tweak it yet...

i love to bake...i don't really do pies anymore but i miss me some buttermilk pie...

Quoting 0Kit0:

Sweets, as long as they are baked and not pies, with the exception of cheesecake. Oh and banana pudding.

Anayiah3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM
depends on which rice I buy. uncle Ben's no all others yes

Quoting graciefreesoul:

LOL

do you 'wash' your rice before you cook it? after i got my rice cooker it was on like donkey kong and i will NEVER prepare rice any other way...

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting Anayiah3:

Quoting 1214Choc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)