Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

my name is Latesha, and i'm a starch-aholic....

i just totally almost wigged out b/c i went in the kitchen howngree (starvin like marvin actually) for some new/sliced (canned) potatoes with green beans, vegan butter and garlic and realized i'm OUT of new/sliced potatoes and dont feel like peeln any taters (taters are my fave but i hate peeling them dang thangs!) i mean i was about to throw a tantrum!

then i found the bowtie pasta and an almost empty box of rotini and realized i can throw some in a pot and have it almost the same way with the vegan butter and garlic salt and pepper and still be in starch heaven... :) while i wait for the pasta to cook i am giving thanks that no one gets choked tonight cuz i get my fix!

what's your (food) vice? mine used to to be cheese first, then potatoes, now all starches since i kicked cheese to the curb...

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Never heard of buttermilk pie. I can't pull up any thoughts or emotions toward it, lol.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

:( i haven't had banana pudding in a couple years...haven't figured out how to tweak it yet...

i love to bake...i don't really do pies anymore but i miss me some buttermilk pie...

Quoting 0Kit0:

Sweets, as long as they are baked and not pies, with the exception of cheesecake. Oh and banana pudding.

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

think 'custard-y' texture and super sweet...if you didn't know buttermilk was in it you'd never guess...lol also sometimes called butterchess pie...

Quoting 0Kit0:

Never heard of buttermilk pie. I can't pull up any thoughts or emotions toward it, lol.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

:( i haven't had banana pudding in a couple years...haven't figured out how to tweak it yet...

i love to bake...i don't really do pies anymore but i miss me some buttermilk pie...

Quoting 0Kit0:

Sweets, as long as they are baked and not pies, with the exception of cheesecake. Oh and banana pudding.

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Pasta, potato, bread, STEAK!

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM

lol i never got into steak even before i transitioned..my fave meat was a tie between brisket and ribs...6 years ago this post woulda probably been titled BBQ-aholics anon! lmao

Quoting mspecan_tan:

Pasta, potato, bread, STEAK!

Mishandia
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

carb's are my secret lover

crystalsmom686
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Me too.... I've been a dread water since I was little. I will sure and eat bread by it self

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

Bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninamsi
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I love carbs.  My passion is snacking!  I can eat just about all day.  I can't eat heavy meals any more lke I used to.  Several small meals fill me up and keep me satisfied.  My two little ones do not like potatoes.  I think there was some kind of switch in the hospital.  I'm trying to eat less white bread and would like to switch to brown rice.  (That will never happen in our house.) 

graciefreesoul
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM

lol @switched at the hospital...

who the heck doesn't like potatoes!!!???

brown bread doesn't bother me but the other day i was making rice in the rice maker and it looked funny so i looked at the package i poured it from and found that it was brown rice and poured it in the trash LOL! i know i bought it just like i bought the wheat spaghetti and other wheat pasta but i ca't bring myself to eat it...weird tho b/c my issue is the texture, not really taste haha

Quoting ninamsi:

I love carbs.  My passion is snacking!  I can eat just about all day.  I can't eat heavy meals any more lke I used to.  Several small meals fill me up and keep me satisfied.  My two little ones do not like potatoes.  I think there was some kind of switch in the hospital.  I'm trying to eat less white bread and would like to switch to brown rice.  (That will never happen in our house.) 

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Sugar.

I am a sugar goddess. That's why this diet is killing me, the only sugar I can have is fruit and not after 2:00. I'm allowed to have a little piece of chocolate at night if I want one (I always want one), and I can drink diet sodas, but...

....right now, I just want a really big piece of caramel apple pie with french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and peaches. And a cookie.

graciefreesoul
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

mmmm i want some cookies...i bought bakers chocolate today to make vegan choc chip cookies soon lol

Quoting .Peaches.:

Sugar.

I am a sugar goddess. That's why this diet is killing me, the only sugar I can have is fruit and not after 2:00. I'm allowed to have a little piece of chocolate at night if I want one (I always want one), and I can drink diet sodas, but...

....right now, I just want a really big piece of caramel apple pie with french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and peaches. And a cookie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)