Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

my name is Latesha, and i'm a starch-aholic....

i just totally almost wigged out b/c i went in the kitchen howngree (starvin like marvin actually) for some new/sliced (canned) potatoes with green beans, vegan butter and garlic and realized i'm OUT of new/sliced potatoes and dont feel like peeln any taters (taters are my fave but i hate peeling them dang thangs!) i mean i was about to throw a tantrum!

then i found the bowtie pasta and an almost empty box of rotini and realized i can throw some in a pot and have it almost the same way with the vegan butter and garlic salt and pepper and still be in starch heaven... :) while i wait for the pasta to cook i am giving thanks that no one gets choked tonight cuz i get my fix!

what's your (food) vice? mine used to to be cheese first, then potatoes, now all starches since i kicked cheese to the curb...

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
mochachcolic
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

lol....my name is Shemekia & I am very much a starch-aholic, mashed potatoes are my life & biscuits...lol Thank God I'm pregnant right now & can get away with it.

expecting girl

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on May. 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quoting graciefreesoul:

mmmm i want some cookies...i bought bakers chocolate today to make vegan choc chip cookies soon lol

Quoting .Peaches.:

Sugar.

I am a sugar goddess. That's why this diet is killing me, the only sugar I can have is fruit and not after 2:00. I'm allowed to have a little piece of chocolate at night if I want one (I always want one), and I can drink diet sodas, but...

....right now, I just want a really big piece of caramel apple pie with french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and peaches. And a cookie.

You missed the point girl, I'm sugar starved and I want it YESTERDAY LOL

graciefreesoul
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

ooooo u lucky! LOL i can mess up some biscuits myself haha

Quoting mochachcolic:

lol....my name is Shemekia & I am very much a starch-aholic, mashed potatoes are my life & biscuits...lol Thank God I'm pregnant right now & can get away with it.

expecting girl

mochachcolic
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

right especially when they r just soooooooooooo buttery...LOl let me stop before I get hungry knowing I need to be sleep..lol

graciefreesoul
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

i got it lol

ummm doesn't diet soda (sugar subs) supposedly make you crave sugar??

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

mmmm i want some cookies...i bought bakers chocolate today to make vegan choc chip cookies soon lol

Quoting .Peaches.:

Sugar.

I am a sugar goddess. That's why this diet is killing me, the only sugar I can have is fruit and not after 2:00. I'm allowed to have a little piece of chocolate at night if I want one (I always want one), and I can drink diet sodas, but...

....right now, I just want a really big piece of caramel apple pie with french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and peaches. And a cookie.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on May. 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Quoting graciefreesoul:

i got it lol

ummm doesn't diet soda (sugar subs) supposedly make you crave sugar??

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Sugar.

Yup...that's exactly why I don't have any in the house. I'm trying to get off the crazy sugar train! lol

Kandie7113
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I looked at the post as got happy saying YEA IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO EATS CORNSTARCH LOL. AW hell this about starchy foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avitar
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Grits, eggs and cheese. The grits is my starch of choice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

are you pg??

Quoting Kandie7113:

I looked at the post as got happy saying YEA IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO EATS CORNSTARCH LOL. AW hell this about starchy foods.

Kandie7113
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Girl no! My mama and 2 of my cousins eat it.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

are you pg??

Quoting Kandie7113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN