Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I make my baby boy look like a girl......

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 37 Replies

I really need help, i got a baby boy with a head full of hair and this momma can't cornrow. I have you tubed, used gel, you name it.  I feel so sorry for my baby, especially when he gets called a she 15 times a day.

Any tips or other hair style easy to do's  for me? as you can see I need it.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Maybe single braids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautifulBebes
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM

how do you keep a 9 month old still for that long? i havent tried singles since he doesnt even let me practice cornrows while he goes to sleep.  He will fuss and keep flipping his head side to side.  lol and I hate that he cries when i comb it so I need to do something. I will try singles soon.

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Maybe single braids?

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I am no help. My baby had a comb over for the longest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2myprince
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM

do it when he is sleep.

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I had that same issue when mine was that age. People always called him a girl. He could be dressed in all blue with cars and trucks on his outfit and still be called a girl. It wasn't until he turned 3 and I cut his hair that they stopped. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I did singles, and pony tails a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinSun
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

None of my boys ever had that much hair.

If you do attempt the single braids do them while he is sleep. If you attempt it while he is awake make sure you have snacks, toys, and if he watches TV put on his favorite show or movie. That's what worked for me when my daughter was younger and I needed to twist her hair.

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
BeautifulBebes
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

He is too cute...Thats exactly how my son looks when he wakes up. And yep the whole blue from head to toe and still say she....Im like are you BLIND, he just has hair boys have hair too. ..lol

Quoting mstricey:

I had that same issue when mine was that age. People always called him a girl. He could be dressed in all blue with cars and trucks on his outfit and still be called a girl. It wasn't until he turned 3 and I cut his hair that they stopped. :-(

bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Quoting BeautifulBebes:

Try it when he is sleeping

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Favored01
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

He is so handsome...I say maintain it the way you have it in the first pic or similar to Ms.Tricy's son. To tell you the truth just be prepared to correct folks if they say girl because he is so cute! They will most likely do that until the hair is braided all back or cut.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN