Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

HGTV

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am moving to a new place which is rather small.. the place has small rooms, the walls are white and I feel like it needs a pop... so I am watching HGTV and notice how creative the designers are, which makes me draw a blank... I like the burnt orange color so I am going to use that color and paint a wall in my livingroom, then I saw a blue on tv that I like, like the wedgewood blue, I would really like to go out on a limb here and do something very unusual...

have you done something with your room that you dared yourself to do? and what's the favorite room in your home?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Chelsea_rh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I like that channel. Lol I haven't done anything spectacular. Just painted walls different colors than the ceilings and made some shelves... There is alot I would love to do though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momandher8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

@Chelsea... I'm trying to come away from the regular look and really dont have an idea..lol.. smh.. but everytime I watch HG it makes me want to do something different... I love this show as well

1214Choc
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Fav room in my home?  I guess it's my living room, and as much as I would like to do some different colors, I just haven't. 

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

All of my walls are white except the playroom(very light yellowish green).. I personally like white walls,  i think the key to white walls is having other visually interesting things either on the walls or in the room to take away from the walls..My favorite rooms are living room, kitchen, dining room..It's really one large room(open concept). 

zmama22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM

i lived in apartments all my life where we couldn't paint. so when i bought my first house, every main room got painted a color! the living room is gold. the dining room a lighter gold. the kitchen is mango. one bathroom is red and the other is coffee. my DD wanted hers painted pink and purple last year. the only rooms that are white are my bedroom and the guest room because the decoration always changes in those rooms.

momandher8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quoting zmama22:

i lived in apartments all my life where we couldn't paint. so when i bought my first house, every main room got painted a color! the living room is gold. the dining room a lighter gold. the kitchen is mango. one bathroom is red and the other is coffee. my DD wanted hers painted pink and purple last year. the only rooms that are white are my bedroom and the guest room because the decoration always changes in those rooms.

That really doesn't sound bad at all... I was looking at the color blue.. I like that tiffany blue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)