Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Brotha man or the other man? which one would you perfer?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 55 Replies

I was reading a post on a website the other day and i came across a article saying that interracial dating is at a all time high. They say that more black women are turning to white men for love and leaving black men behind....... What do you think about this ladies? Why do you think the black women is turning away from the black man? whoat do you think the future is for the black man and woman? the website i was on was www.marshallparthenon.com and www.yourblackworld.net

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommiie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this
To each his own but all i dated was black men. I never even though about dating a white man and to be honest the thought disgusts me. Im not racist tho. As for black men and white girls.... umm thats their life and i dont want my son bringing home
no white girl. Just my preferences and opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chellallday10
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I hear ya sistah. But isn't it stange that people like mexicans, asians, indians, japaneese, chineese, and even arabic people mainly date within their race? another study showed that black are ranking #1 in interracial dating it's like the newest trend for us. I think the media and this america has destroyed the images of blacks so bad til where most of us dont want to date the brother man anymore because we have been taught to despise him. i don't know but it just raises some question about whats really going on in our community and what is agenda is really being pushed. I'm no racist i don't have anything against any race of people but when i see things like this and other subjects regaurding blacks like why are  we leading in diabities, strokes, and heart attacks. or why we have the highest poverty rate, or the high school drop out rate being the highest in our black children the the other races of children. Anytime we are under the scope i ask questions like this. just a little food for thought.

chellallday10
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM
4 moms liked this

SN...... personally at the end of the day i got to have the brother man. I'm married to the brother man. can't turn down chocolate....lol

blessedmommiie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yess, my husband is milk chocolate. It takes a strong man to be with a black woman because we are dominant females and sum men cant handle our strength and give in just so theres no challenge but it does
seem like alot of Black ppl are going the other way. Media does play a part and thats a fact
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommiie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Good question!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chellallday10
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Ty.... I'm always asking questions about whats going on with black people because there are some things i just don't understand about our people. And i don't understand why we always the poster child for interracial relationships,drugs,teen pregnancy, and other subjects that usually have the black face attached to it. most of the time all you gotta do is just say the word and you already know who they talking about lol because we have so many things attatched to our race of people.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My man is the other man. For some reason i guess im not attractive to black men, idk. I love a good, clean cut man-black, white or whatever. I don't discriminate, im an equal opportunity dater lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty068
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM
5 moms liked this

Well at this point, I am willing to try the other man. I just want someone that is compatible, I want to be happy in the relationship, and if it is not happening with the brotherman then I will venture out with something different.

tears30314
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Glad u brought this up. I am with a latino guy but I have to make it very clear that latinos feel the same way about white ppl. Some of them feel as thought white is right. Look at some of the groups on this site. One I am a partt of but I realized most is white latino relationships or marriage. My big question is what is the message that as african americans send to our own black daughters and sons? I have been struggling with that since my oldest seems to think light is right and he is not of anything good per whag he sees in the street or whathave you. I asked what about president Obama and he says oh please mom, the man is half white so he doesnt really count. Now if you said MIchelle then I can see that. SMH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't think nothing of it honestly. If that's whom they choose to be with, then who am I to judge. I just dont prefer cuz it ain't my steelo. God blessed me with my dreaded soul mate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)