Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Brotha man or the other man? which one would you perfer?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was reading a post on a website the other day and i came across a article saying that interracial dating is at a all time high. They say that more black women are turning to white men for love and leaving black men behind....... What do you think about this ladies? Why do you think the black women is turning away from the black man? whoat do you think the future is for the black man and woman? the website i was on was www.marshallparthenon.com and www.yourblackworld.net

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I think that it depends on the men that you meet.

tears30314
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I never liked white boys outside Adam LEvine and JOn B. But I never dated one, I married a latino guy instead and it is not just US with that colorism and not getting with own. My in laws rather me be a white girl. Also, I never was with a black man because they have never been checkin for me and couple that with being african...um, yeah. Born and raised here but they still find me unattractive and dont hold their tongue on telling me so. Now im with my hubby and now they are having different opinions...lol! Still love my brothas though, hell I am raising three boys. One not biologically his so...I better love em right? Oh wait I have lol, I forgot but it was VERY brief!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I have nothing against dating black men because I was raised by one. my brothers are black. It just happens to be that the love of my life is spanish and white. 

ebbierowe
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't really speak for anyone else. I would like to think people are simply picking the people they want to be with regardless of race. I personally didn't "turn away" from black men. I meant my husband (who is white) in high school, but before I dated him I had a couple of black boyfriends. But Dh and I clicked and fell in love (mushy I know) and I married him. His skin color had nothing to do with it.

zmama22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM

good for black women. i think black woman just gave up trying to hold on to our racial pride and went for love and someone in their lives. if you are attracted to men outside your race, it doesn't make sense to hold out for the limited number of available black men that are single, good men, and loves and respects black women. too bad i can't work up one speck of attraction for non-black men.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Black marriages are still the norm. We are still marrying each other. If some of the pack want to go outside let them. But really Black marriages will be fine. I promote black marriage and black famlies. But not all are going to agree with that or even if they agree they are not going to marry within the race for whatever reason. Oh and I'm married to a strong Black King raising two young princes.

Kandie7113
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I just want a real good honest man dont care to much about color but would prefer a black man
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

'Turn away from the black man' is a little laughable to me......I am married to a caucasian man, but didn't give up on black men. I am still attracted to black men and spanish, asian, whatever....I just happened to fall in love with my best friend....who happened to be white. This post make it seem like black women are ACTIVELY and making a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to go out and find white men......it's depends on who the person is, NOT the race. As far as I know, black women and men are still procreating together.

truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never dated outside of my race. I prefer my brother man.
tamikadorch26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Love is love. It doesn't mater what race or where that person is from. Me and Sweet Pea have been together for 11 years and have 4 children together.  Both of our families have a lot of blood lines from different races but we are still black. Unless someone has really looked into your background to see where you came from how can you really say you are all black, white, or anything other then what your color of your skin is. I'm not knocking no race but me and my Sweet Pea are black . I have a wonder man, who is my lover, best friend, and  a wonderful father to our children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)