Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

New mommies out there....Am I the ony one who....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

New Mommies-am I the only one wo freaks out about EVERYTHING when it comes to my one and only baby? My son is one years old and I am constantly worrying about him-and looking up things like, is this normal for him...

1. To still take 2 naps at 15 months

2. To not say many words including Momma and he is 15 months.

3. Does he have autism? (very random thought)

4. Why won't he eat much?

I am a worry wart by nature-its what my mom taught me to do basically because thats how she is. My hubby says I will drive myself crazy by the time my son is 18 years old. Is this normal??

by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM

You're so cute........I was the same way.......sorry, I'm not a new mom but I am a mom, and it sounds like you're going to be a great mom. I'm sure u will be compassionate, loving and will cherish and care for your little one. to answer your question YES it's normal. Good luck! Oh yeah, make sure u take lots of pictures, and try and get as much sleep as possible. :)

Smilely08
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Your a first time mommy you are aloud to freak out! Every child develops different, i was happy my son was taking two naps, and at 19 mnths old he goes through stages where he eats althe time, then sometimes he nibbles all day. They will eat if they are hungry. Hes fine mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxbsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2nd time mom with a 15 month old.

Some days she naps twice, some days once.

She doesn't talk much. She can clearly say mama, dada, stop it, eat, and dog. She says a few other words, that only me as her mom would know what she's saying.

Why do you think he's autistic?

She isn't eating much at all, which is normal. Some days she may only eat one meal...if that. As a matter of fact she spits food out all day. She's teetthing which probably has a lot to do with it.

iluvdwc
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I'm not a new mom but I think that everything you described is normal for a 15 month old. I also feel it's normal for you to be concerned about your child. You can always speak with your pediatrician for assurance though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsVanqueOsg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My son is two and can only say a few words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN