Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Hair Loss...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I braided my SO dd hair (on Sunday). She has a nice length of hair but its a little uneven in the back so I added some weave, she is only nine so I also added beads.. Anyways her hair turned out PERFECT.. she gets to school on Monday and while on the slide the beads catches onto something and pulls the whole damn braid out.. including her hair..

Has any of your children lost hair in similar situations or just plain became their own barber and cut their own hair???

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I keep my Boys' hair cut so no.

zmama22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

when my daughter was three, she cut a patch out in the middle, but i couldn't tell until i started taking it all out. as i'm combing all this hair is coming out and i'm freaking until i realized she cut it.  i let the bald spot stay and just styled around it until it grew back in.  she was embarrassed and hasn't cut her hair since.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on May. 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I've never put weave in my DD's hair, cuz its long enough without, so nope. I trim all their edges myself, I don't need to pay someone $5 to do that.

I been taking care of my own hair ever since I went natural about 7 years ago, so I haven't been to the salon or ever taken them.

lovingjx3lild
by Tamika on May. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

My daughter cut her hair  but she has a lot so you couldn't tell. Also my oldest nephew cut his lil brother hair with clippers when they were 3 and 4. They are now 17 and 18 and I tease them about it all the time.

Avitar
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Ouch!. that sounds painful! I have a Son, and maintain a short hairstyle on him.So, not in my case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)