Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My oldest DD's school is right next door, so I often walk her to school in the mornings, and walk to get her in the afternoon, taking my youngest two with me if my S/O isn't home.

So today, we're all walking back, and I notice there are some wild raspberries growing on a trail that we sometimes take. I point them out to the kids, pick a few and tell them that we'll take them home, wash them off, and eat them. I used to eat these SAME berries as a kid, so I knew they were ok to eat.

Just as I'm telling them this, a lady and her son walks by, and the little boy asks his mom if he can have some berries too. She says "No, people shouldn't eat stuff they find in the woods, that's nasty and its probably poisonous."

I don't think she realized what she said or what she implied, but before I could stop myself, I said "You dumb bish, I can hear you. If they were poisonous, I wouldn't be giving them to my kids." This lady had to be at least 5 years older than me, so I'm sure she wasn't used to someone talking to her like that. The look on her face was priceless, I wanted to laugh so bad.

I'm sorry her son had to hear it, but she deserved it. My kids weren't even paying attention to me, so I doubt they heard it. They just wanted to hurry up and get home.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Replies (41-49):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on May. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Quoting sweetiepie81:

I'ma be back w/some pizza!

Quoting bxbsmommy:

I got my chair and popcorn ready...

Ooh, can I request hot wings? With ranch, please make sure its ranch, bleu cheese makes me gag.

Plus it smells funny...or is that just me?

MandiFuego
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting Dana267:

LOL----I used to eat those too---I wouldn't let my kids eat them now though---too funny.

Girl, me and my sister used to eat them so much that a lot of our play clothes were stained purple.

I just let my kids get a taste of what I used to get so much enjoyment out of....I took them home to wash them because you never know what might've gotten onto them. I wish I had thought of that as a child LOL

I used to pick stuff in my yard LOL but not randomly on the street...we had enough growin in our yard it never mattered much. I miss those days...i shud go out there and pick some next month

It wasn't random...well, not THAT random LOL

We have a lot of trails around where I live, and it was a nice day, so I decided to take one today instead of just heading straight back to the house. I live in an apartment, so I gots no backyard, but I hope when we do buy, there's some growing so my kids can enjoy that.

Me and my sister used to like those and honeysuckles....I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but you pick the middle out of the flower, and there's a sweet necter on the end that you can lick off. I haven't found any honeysuckle bushes here where I'm at now, but the city I used to live in had a TON of them.

*sigh* Oh the memories of childhood...

are u from the south? we used to eat those at school LOL....if a hummingbird wasn't tryna get to em lol. I grew up kinda country when I was younger so I chewed and tasted and ate a few things that people would be like OMG...shoot, we had fig trees and pear trees. talk about GOOD....OMG. I miss sugar cane!!!!

Yup, I live in SC. I used to live in the Metro, but I moved to the Coastal area, and I'm not sure they grow here. I mean, there's a enough gorgeous plants growing here because its so fertile, but I would love to see a honeysuckle bush.

My friend used to have an apple tree in her yard, and I had another friend who had a peach tree. When I was in middle school, I befriended a girl who's grandmother has a plum tree in her yard. About a year ago, she gave me a MASSIVE bag of fresh plums, they were so good!

Me and my sister were like that....my mom used to be sooo worried about us getting ahold of something, but I think she got sick of getting worried and just told us if we found something and ate it, just to tell her what it was in case she had to rush us to the ER (she was a nurse). We used to pick those wild peas, but I never ate them. My sister did one time, she said they were gross, but then again, she doesn't like peas, which makes me wonder WHY she even ate them LOL

LMAO I used to find peanuts, and wild onions...like I cudda survived on my yard alone lol. my gramma has grapefruit trees and banana trees. if we wudda all stuck together we wudda been GOOD. I know somebody used to grow greens too...i cnat remember who tho.... dang

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I laugh cuz I pictured myself in that situation and I too if having a bad day probably would've said the same thing, but after thinking about it wished it didn't come out as slick.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sexychica25:

Bwwwaahhhaaaa.....you my new friend peaches.

Girl, it was just one of those days today. My S/O got it yesterday when he asked me a stupid question at the end of a REALLY long day. I'm just ready to call it a night already, I start a new job tomorrow and can't afford to be all bitchy and grouchy! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

CTFU, I bet that shut her ass up!

sweetiepie81
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Just u lol but I got ya!

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sweetiepie81:

I'ma be back w/some pizza!

Quoting bxbsmommy:

I got my chair and popcorn ready...

Ooh, can I request hot wings? With ranch, please make sure its ranch, bleu cheese makes me gag.

Plus it smells funny...or is that just me?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinSun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quoting .Peaches.

:

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting Dana267:

LOL----I used to eat those too---I wouldn't let my kids eat them now though---too funny.

Girl, me and my sister used to eat them so much that a lot of our play clothes were stained purple.

I just let my kids get a taste of what I used to get so much enjoyment out of....I took them home to wash them because you never know what might've gotten onto them. I wish I had thought of that as a child LOL

I used to pick stuff in my yard LOL but not randomly on the street...we had enough growin in our yard it never mattered much. I miss those days...i shud go out there and pick some next month

It wasn't random...well, not THAT random LOL

We have a lot of trails around where I live, and it was a nice day, so I decided to take one today instead of just heading straight back to the house. I live in an apartment, so I gots no backyard, but I hope when we do buy, there's some growing so my kids can enjoy that.

Me and my sister used to like those and honeysuckles....I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but you pick the middle out of the flower, and there's a sweet necter on the end that you can lick off. I haven't found any honeysuckle bushes here where I'm at now, but the city I used to live in had a TON of them.

*sigh* Oh the memories of childhood...

YUMMZ!!!!

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
navybeauty88
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I don't feel like there was any drama, just a few different opinions being stated. That's all. But I'm sure the lady won't lose any sleep over it.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting navybeauty88:

Whose making a big deal? I simply asked a question. It's been said a million times on CM, when you make a post you will always get a variations in opinions. Not everyone will agree with you and some will even say stuff you don't like. And I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to a complete stranger saying anything to you about what answer YOU said to YOUR kids after they asked you a question. No matter what reply you gave them. But that's just my personal thought on the matter. We can agree to disagree.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting navybeauty88:

Sorry but I agree with tanishagreene. While what she said and how loud she said it may have been rude, it didn't warrant you cursing at her. Especially in front of her kids and yours. She wasn't saying it to your kids, plus you said yourself that the kids were not even paying attention. So why did it bother you so much?

Why does it bother you that it bothered me? I didn't curse her out...I mean, I guess if that's your opinon of being cussed out, you must've not have been cussed out much.

I doubt I ruined her day or her life or scarred her child for life with one word. But like I said, you guys are entitled to you opinion of the situation.

No two people would react the same, I said what I said, and its over. Its really not that big a deal.

I probably wouldn't let a stranger cussing me out bother me. Do you have any idea of the work I do? It happens EVERY single day, whether I'm doing my job perfectly or I just messed up an IV line. I let it roll off my back, I'm so not sensitive.

We can agree to disagree, its been a long ass day, and I just don't care to argue. That's not even what I posted this for, but that's what its turning into. 

I'm starting to think not even the non-drama posts can't be posted without some drama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I used to love to eat those berries. Now I want some berry pie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasha
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Some people are backwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)