Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My oldest DD's school is right next door, so I often walk her to school in the mornings, and walk to get her in the afternoon, taking my youngest two with me if my S/O isn't home.

So today, we're all walking back, and I notice there are some wild raspberries growing on a trail that we sometimes take. I point them out to the kids, pick a few and tell them that we'll take them home, wash them off, and eat them. I used to eat these SAME berries as a kid, so I knew they were ok to eat.

Just as I'm telling them this, a lady and her son walks by, and the little boy asks his mom if he can have some berries too. She says "No, people shouldn't eat stuff they find in the woods, that's nasty and its probably poisonous."

I don't think she realized what she said or what she implied, but before I could stop myself, I said "You dumb bish, I can hear you. If they were poisonous, I wouldn't be giving them to my kids." This lady had to be at least 5 years older than me, so I'm sure she wasn't used to someone talking to her like that. The look on her face was priceless, I wanted to laugh so bad.

I'm sorry her son had to hear it, but she deserved it. My kids weren't even paying attention to me, so I doubt they heard it. They just wanted to hurry up and get home.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
tanishagreene
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting .Peaches.:

My oldest DD's school is right next door, so I often walk her to school in the mornings, and walk to get her in the afternoon, taking my youngest two with me if my S/O isn't home.

So today, we're all walking back, and I notice there are some wild raspberries growing on a trail that we sometimes take. I point them out to the kids, pick a few and tell them that we'll take them home, wash them off, and eat them. I used to eat these SAME berries as a kid, so I knew they were ok to eat.

Just as I'm telling them this, a lady and her son walks by, and the little boy asks his mom if he can have some berries too. She says "No, people shouldn't eat stuff they find in the woods, that's nasty and its probably poisonous."

I don't think she realized what she said or what she implied, but before I could stop myself, I said "You dumb bish, I can hear you. If they were poisonous, I wouldn't be giving them to my kids." This lady had to be at least 5 years older than me, so I'm sure she wasn't used to someone talking to her like that. The look on her face was priceless, I wanted to laugh so bad.

I'm sorry her son had to hear it, but she deserved it. My kids weren't even paying attention to me, so I doubt they heard it. They just wanted to hurry up and get home.

I feel where u coming from but the way she worded it the woman and her son was walking pass. So to me I take that as she only heard it because the family were walking past her. And either way I mean at the end of the day even if the woman was shouting so what! she knows what she was doing with her children was nothing that the women stated to her child. its almost like she needed to explain herself. She dont know that women from adam and eve why let her bother her. Idk maybe its just me I just dont have time for foolishness Im grown. That womens opinion about what Im doing with my daughter dont have nothing on me.

rayroe2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I need people to join my group! lol one that aren't to grown for everything in life and just need to let some stuff out it is linked at the bottom!

rayroe2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

here

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM
She's dumb!! LOL "People shouldn't eat what they find in the woods"! What kind of dumb mess is that?

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Lol! Like seriously...how did she think people survived before McDonalds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't see where you asked for our opinion about if what you did was right or wrong----but I know how someone's comment could make the words fly out before you know they were coming. LOL

bxbsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quoting Hottmomma607:

Lol! Like for real! I wonder if she eats mushrooms?

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Bwwwaahhhaaaa.....you my new friend peaches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM
LOL I don't!! But right! Grapes,oranges,etc.

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Lol! Like for real! I wonder if she eats mushrooms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM
What group is that?!

Quoting rayroe2:

I need people to join my group! lol one that aren't to grown for everything in life and just need to let some stuff out it is linked at the bottom!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetiepie81
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I'ma be back w/some pizza!

Quoting bxbsmommy:

I got my chair and popcorn ready...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)