Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

three is a crowd

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 23 Replies

Anyone still have a toddler drifting into the same bed as u and hubby?  My two year old still likes to come and sleep in the bed with me in the middle of the night. I put her back in her bed and then hours later, I wake up and she's right there next to me. I've tried going to all the beds and telling her who sleeps in each bed, and explained to her why she needs to sleep in her own bed but she refuses. I don't want to punish her but I don't know what else to do. I would like to have my bed back again, lol. any advice? 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 yr old is still in the bed so....no help here! 4 in our bed.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
tanishagreene
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I dont know how long she is but my daughter is one and I got a playpen mattress and she sleeps in her playpen. I never used a crib because the mattresses are just to hard to me and cribs have less space than playpens so my one yr old sleeps in a playpen. and the nets are to high for her to climb over. Or buy some rals for her bed that are high enough that she cant get out. Or simply lock your door at night. That may seem cruel but in the long run you have to train her to rely on her own bed for sleep.

atlshine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2 year old does the exact same thing. Might not be such a problem if there wasn't a 3 month old in there already. *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting tanishagreene:

I dont know how long she is but my daughter is one and I got a playpen mattress and she sleeps in her playpen. I never used a crib because the mattresses are just to hard to me and cribs have less space than playpens so my one yr old sleeps in a playpen. and the nets are to high for her to climb over. Or buy some rals for her bed that are high enough that she cant get out. Or simply lock your door at night. That may seem cruel but in the long run you have to train her to rely on her own bed for sleep.

She is 2. Yes, I tried locking the door, but she will SCREAM SO LOUD, at 2 or 3 in the morning she ends up waking up my 9 month old, 4 and 5 year old, and also hubby. And she is stubborn too so she will scream for at least an hour. It's very stressful. I think I might have to try that so she understands......she's really stubborn, lol

leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting atlshine:

My 2 year old does the exact same thing. Might not be such a problem if there wasn't a 3 month old in there already. *sigh*

it all started when I would bring her in the bed with me to nurse.....we would fall asleep.....she's been coming in ever since. My hubby refuses to let me bring my 9 month old in the bed with us....dont want a repeat.

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I gotta 6 year old that still cock blocks, does that count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this
My almost three year old does that! Gah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingjx3lild
by Tamika on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I also have 4 in our bed....me, dh, 4 yr old son and 15 month old dd. When you figure it out please help me LOL!!!

tanishagreene
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting tanishagreene:

She is 2. Yes, I tried locking the door, but she will SCREAM SO LOUD, at 2 or 3 in the morning she ends up waking up my 9 month old, 4 and 5 year old, and also hubby. And she is stubborn too so she will scream for at least an hour. It's very stressful. I think I might have to try that so she understands......she's really stubborn, lol

eeewwwww if she screming when u lock the door on her the play pen may just produce the same reaction. Idk depending in how far or close her room is to u and others if u think you can just let her cry in the playpen without it disturbing everyone I would just let her cry she'll cry herself back to sleep and eventually it will stop. If not ssshhheeezzzz you may just have to let her have her way lol. If she still gets naps maybe cut the nap so she's to tired to wake up in the middle of the night.

ticklesurpickle
by My on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

No help from me either, but my 4 year old starts off in her bed and comes in our room around 3-5am every day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)