Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Anyone still have a toddler drifting into the same bed as u and hubby?  My two year old still likes to come and sleep in the bed with me in the middle of the night. I put her back in her bed and then hours later, I wake up and she's right there next to me. I've tried going to all the beds and telling her who sleeps in each bed, and explained to her why she needs to sleep in her own bed but she refuses. I don't want to punish her but I don't know what else to do. I would like to have my bed back again, lol. any advice? 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-23):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Quoting atlshine:

When I lock our door, he goes and gets in bed with my 9yr old lol.

that is too funny, lol...I wish!

leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Diva-Mami:

You could try to lay down in her room with her until she falls asleep. And when she come to your bed do the same thing. We are doing that with our son. Hes 2 and tryes to get back in the bed with us. When I realize it I take him back to his bed. Some days though he does stay cuz hes good at not waking me. But now the baby wont sleep unless im holding her so I traded one for the other.

Yes! I'm doing that with my 2 yr old now, but she is so sensitive to movement and sound, you practically gotta be James Bond to escape her room, lol It takes a while for her to go back to sleep and sometimes I end up falling asleep in her room.....my hubby complains that he don't get to wake up and cuddle with me.....If I bring my 9 month old, I return her to her crib, not in my bed. Can't do this again.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting akingsmom:

OMFG YES!!! King is 14 mos and still gets in our bed. I thought putting his crib in the room with us would help...NOPE! He stays a cpl hrs then he's up. He's also the ULTIMATE cockblocker, wont go to sleep without me, and goes to bed at 8 religiously so he's up by 12 because he's an insomniac like his mommy..:( if you figure it out PLEASE share!!!

A definite strain on the bedroom action thats for sure. WHEN I figure it out, I will share, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN