Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

So I'm trying not to eat meat

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

for a week and its day 2 and I feel like someone stole my lunch.  Yesterday I did Boston Market and ate everything but the chicken. Today I had chicken fajitas and took out the chicken and replaced with rice. OMG! This is the hardest thing in the world!!!!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
So, I'm bout to eat this juicy ass turkey burger...and last night I had steak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM

LOL you sound like my coworker today. We were talking about double cheeseburgers and ham and I was like you are not helping.  I think I'm going to become a Pescetarianism.(only eat seafood) Girl this is the hardest 2 days of my life.  Stomach growling like it wants to fight! 

Quoting Dabrutiful1:

So, I'm bout to eat this juicy ass turkey burger...and last night I had steak.

RobinSun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I don't think I could cut meat out completely just yet. But we are limiting our meat to one meal a day, Dinner.

We are also cutting pork out completely. So far so good!!

Is there a reason you are doing this?

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
graciefreesoul
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this

:) huggg!

don't stress and try not to look at your meals as if something is missing b/c it's not...it's still food...it's still a meal...and especially overlook ppl tryna tempt you like DABRUTIFUL! lol

don't let nobody try to talk you into undoing what you're trying to achieve either...i can't explain exactly what i mean by that but to me, the hardest part was ppl that totally didn't understand, had misconceptions, or were uneducated, or just plain mean (not you DABRUTIFUL lol) for those ppl i simply ask 'how many dead vegan/vegetarians do you know that are dead b/c they're veg*n?

graciefreesoul
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i remember a doctor i used to work for used to tell me all the time that the reason i was cold (i stay cold...my iron is fine lol) is b/c i needed a hamburger...course he was joking being a medical professional and all...

graciefreesoul
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM

<------eats a vegan diet btw...6 years vegetarian, the last 2, vegan...

ginene
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Just for some health benefits. I haven't eaten steak or roast for 9 years now because it kept giving me really bad indigestion but I still eat hamburgers every now and then.  I eat ham on Thanksgiving and Christmas but that's it.  

We eat Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon and ground chicken in spaghetti after my husband became diabetic and he doesn't eat pork anymore because it gives him high blood pressure. 

Basically I'm just trying but I know I'm going to eat seafood though for a fact but I'm just trying something new.

Quoting RobinSun:

I don't think I could cut meat out completely just yet. But we are limiting our meat to one meal a day, Dinner.

We are also cutting pork out completely. So far so good!!

Is there a reason you are doing this?

ginene
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM

wow!!! 6 years. Well 2 days here. LOL

Quoting graciefreesoul:

<------eats a vegan diet btw...6 years vegetarian, the last 2, vegan...

JayRo00
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I went without meat for a week before and it was so hard, but at the end of that week, I felt lighter and more energetic.

ginene
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM
My cousin did it for a month and he said he felt so much better.

Quoting JayRo00:

I went without meat for a week before and it was so hard, but at the end of that week, I felt lighter and more energetic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN