Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

dry brushing

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

do any of u dry brush your skin? If so, how do u do it? Not sure what the correct way of doing this and how often. Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RobinSun
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of this....

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
bxbsmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Never heard this
TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on May. 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM

My lips...Lol. Seriously, I have a separate toothbrush I use to dry brush & exfoliate my lips. It keeps them so soft:) I love my lips, because they are so darn soft , I touch them all the time...Lol:) Also. my feet & elbows & I just use my pedi brush for them. I do my lips twice a week, maybe 4 in the winter & my feet & elbows twice a week too. However, in the spring & summer since I wear sandals a lot I do a quick brush before I get in the shower, on my feet.

As for the rest of my body, I have a glove that I put my shower gel on that exfoliates in the shower.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting TGOLD1:

My lips...Lol. Seriously, I have a separate toothbrush I use to dry brush & exfoliate my lips. It keeps them so soft:) I love my lips, because they are so darn soft , I touch them all the time...Lol:) Also. my feet & elbows & I just use my pedi brush for them. I do my lips twice a week, maybe 4 in the winter & my feet & elbows twice a week too. However, in the spring & summer since I wear sandals a lot I do a quick brush before I get in the shower, on my feet.

As for the rest of my body, I have a glove that I put my shower gel on that exfoliates in the shower.

wow, I didn't know u could do your lips. I asked my brother in law's wife how her legs look so smooth and she says she dry brushes using no water. It is supposed to get rid the skin of toxins and dead cells. She told me about it and swears by it and believes it also helps with circulation of the blood. I've heard diff variations from other people. I believe a lot of caucasian women do this and that's why I'm asking some women of color if they do this too.

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I've never heard of dry brushing.  I do most of my exfoliating in the shower, and I pay someone with a power tool to handle my feet.  My skin is very soft and smooth, but I credit my moisture game for that.

TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on May. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah it is good for the skin, my older sister does it all over, except her face & her skin is beautiful. I used to do it all over every once & awhile before I had kids, now it's just too time consuming...Lol You know, gotta get in & out of the shower fast w/ little ones. My sister does not have any kids...So she can do it:) I find that if you get a good shower gel w/ an exfoliator in it & the Glove thingy & some good body moisturizer, it works just as well. Yeah, for the lips just get a soft toothbrush & brush in a circular motion on your lips, then rinse your lips & apply a good lip balm, your lips absorb the hydration & they stay so soft, because you are getting rid of the old dry skin.

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting TGOLD1:

wow, I didn't know u could do your lips. I asked my brother in law's wife how her legs look so smooth and she says she dry brushes using no water. It is supposed to get rid the skin of toxins and dead cells. She told me about it and swears by it and believes it also helps with circulation of the blood. I've heard diff variations from other people. I believe a lot of caucasian women do this and that's why I'm asking some women of color if they do this too.

iluvdwc
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I've never heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Never heard of it! Will try now though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN