Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Grandparents dont know everything! PIOG

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

A couple was arrested for towing a child in a toy car. (Photo courtesy of ABC 7)

A sheriff’s deputy arrested two people for drunken driving and child endangerment Sunday after he stumbled upon them pulling a 7-year-old girl in a Hot Wheels car behind their SUV.

The SUV was going approximately 5 to 10 mph, towing the toy car, which was attached to the larger vehicle by two dog leashes, down a service road in Sarasota, Fla..

Pulling over the SUV and finding Paul Berloni, 49, behind the wheel, the deputy described him as having bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and alcohol on his breath. When Berloni refused to take a sobriety test, he was placed in the back of the squad car. In the back of the SUV sat Paul Berloni’s wife, Belinda Berloni, the 7-year-old’s grandmother. She had the hatch open and had been cheering on the child before they were stopped.

According to the arrest affidavit, Paul Berloni had been arrested three times previously for driving under the influence, and had had his driver’s license revoked 10 years earlier.

The child’s 47-year-old grandmother told the deputy she knew it was dangerous to “tow” the toy car, but she said that they were just having fun and that they had been doing this all day. She acknowledged that she had been drinking earlier in the day, according to the affidavit.

When Justin Oetting, Belinda Berloni’s son and the girl’s father arrived on the scene to pick up his daughter, he yelled an expletive at his mother before telling her, “You should know better.”

Belinda Berloni was arrested for child endangerment. In addition to drunken driving and child endangerment, Paul Berloni also faced a charge for neglect. He is still in custody, held on a $7,120 bond, which includes a fine for driving without a license. Belinda Berloni was released Monday.

Calls to the Berloni home by ABCNews.com were not immediately returned.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM
5 moms liked this

Better yet- don't leave your child with alcoholics- stupid sh*t is bound to happen..

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I was scared to open this for a minute lol.

Seriously tho, that looks like fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I agree with what your saying, but if the parents didn't know they drinked, some people keep it in the closet

Quoting inmybizz:

Better yet- don't leave your child with alcoholics- stupid sh*t is bound to happen..

bxbsmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Quoting rayroe2:

Gdad had 3 prior dui's. No secret there.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bxbsmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I bet if this were down in the country where im from, they would have never gotten caught.
rayroe2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

my dad had 3 dui n never told anyone or never drank in front of anyone everyone only found out because he got his car and everything taken away

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting rayroe2:

Gdad had 3 prior dui's. No secret there.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I highly doubt these two kept anything in the closet.This is probably not the first time these two have done something questionable..LOL!!!

Quoting rayroe2:

I agree with what your saying, but if the parents didn't know they drinked, some people keep it in the closet

Quoting inmybizz:

graciefreesoul
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM

so now we're drinking AND driving AND pulling an innocent child (literally) into the madness?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN