Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

women that keep there kid away from father

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
Y do some women keep there kid(s) away from there father, what r some reasons, I always wanted 2 know?
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Dumb
MandiFuego
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

He's a bad influence on the child.

dangerous to the child's growth and development.

engages in illegal activity.

2timezthefun
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Abusive 

In and out of their child's life.

bad influence 

in trouble a lot 

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Different reasons I guess. He could be abusive, on drugs, or a child pedophile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Or he's just an overall shit bag....just a sorry mf all the way around! Maybe that's just my kid's POS...good thing I decided to no longer deal w/ it, 11yrs and countin so far!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Some women are very controlling, and they haven't moved on. They don't want him. But, they don't want anyone else to have him. Or they do want him, and they're mad that he moved on with his life.

Some women use their kids as pawns. If a man hasn't payed CS, they may deny visitation (which is illegal BTW).

Or he could just be the scum of the earth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AdellesMom:

Some women are very controlling, and they haven't moved on. They don't want him. But, they don't want anyone else to have him. Or they do want him, and they're mad that he moved on with his life.

Some women use their kids as pawns. If a man hasn't payed CS, they may deny visitation (which is illegal BTW).

illegal yes, but I can see why they would do that. If you're not going to help me support the child, why do you need to be in his/her life...especially when they have the MEANS to support the child...or if it's like..Oh, I feel like seeing my kid today, lemme go try to see em today, but I won't feel like it again til another month or so...or 6...... that in and out of their life ish can be hard on kids.

momandher8
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Dumb

I so agree...

I have a male friend who really loves his kids, he is not what she wanted in a man but he is still the father to her children and shouldnt have to be without his children... its a shame, because the kids are the ones who suffer in the end

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I can think of some good ones.

Abuse

he didn't want them, left, and now he wants to show up 2-17 years down the dang line and is bringing nothing but drama into the child's life

drug head

they live in different states and she isn't going to pay for them to go see him and he refuses to use his own ends to come see them and uses that as an excuse not to contact them.

....that's all I have for now

AdellesMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I'm not talking about guys that are in and out. I'm talking about guys that genuinely care about their kids, and the Mother's only concern is $$$$$. A child needs more than just financial support; he needs emotional support too. Many children grow up resenting their mothers when they find out that the only reason their mothers wouldn't let them see their fathers was because of money. Most kids don't care about money, they just care about having that emotional support.

To this day, my best friend resents her mother because of the lies, and the fact that she kept her from her father. It's sad.

I understand that parents need the financial support too.

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting AdellesMom:

illegal yes, but I can see why they would do that. If you're not going to help me support the child, why do you need to be in his/her life...especially when they have the MEANS to support the child...or if it's like..Oh, I feel like seeing my kid today, lemme go try to see em today, but I won't feel like it again til another month or so...or 6...... that in and out of their life ish can be hard on kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN