Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
It takes a strong black man to be with a strong black woman PERIOD
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
MandiFuego
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

LOL thats what i was tryna explain to the other BLACK POWER girl. To be proud to be black, means I'm shunning the fact that I'm hispanic? I'm proud of my Brown Skin..well cuz it's mine lol, but I also LOVE that I grew up with bachata salsa and meregue, all my neighbors LOOK different  but we all balance each other out. ( yeah, people here in FL, think I'm lying when I tell them haitians can be light LMAO so I went on facebook and pointed out like 20 that I knew smh) ....now in NY I did throw a lot of people my age for a loop, like they expected me to be dominican or something LMAO I even had people tell me I was too dark to be hispanic and ESPECIALLY cuban...but the adults...they'd been around enough diversity to know that "my kind" was possible LMAO

Quoting momandher8:

maybe because I am from Brooklyn NY and live around people of all backgrounds, cultures, religions, etc... I mean we really enjoy each other. White people from Jamacia, a female whose father is a chinese man with a trinadadian accent, haitian woman who were lighter than me, black familes such as myself that come from mixed unions... so we living in New York really do not deal with each other based on color.. its about relating with each other.. spanish, white, blacks.. it really never came to question

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

lol what time period did all that occur in?

Quoting momandher8:

shrugging

Quoting JakesMom712:

Whaaaaaaat tf is going on today?

You know I watched black. white. last night into this morning about race relations here in america and it really intrigued me... why does there have to be a label.. what happened to us being people and belonging to the human race.. what happen to just loving what you get and who you are with no matter what the color is...

There are people of all races that will not like a certain race for a certain reason but I find that there are a majority of us that do not look at race and love each other.

momandher8
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Diversity is beautiful...lol

I have met soooo many different people and because of my exposure it didn't shock me, rather it just added to me being intrigued and blessed to have had that opportunity... like I met a male from Charleston SC with a carribean accent.. and that right there always made me pause, when he used terms that I only thought to be heard from people from the islands I was tickled and did research on him and found that he was part of the Gullah people of SC... However living in NY we rarely had to notice color, we did address differences, but I worked with Jewish people that encouraged me to participate with them an learn their culture, almost to the point where my kids protested..lol.. and the intergration of different cultures here in NY...  and we share in the experience, so that's why I don't see color like that.. I see human and treat those as such.

Quoting MandiFuego:

LOL thats what i was tryna explain to the other BLACK POWER girl. To be proud to be black, means I'm shunning the fact that I'm hispanic? I'm proud of my Brown Skin..well cuz it's mine lol, but I also LOVE that I grew up with bachata salsa and meregue, all my neighbors LOOK different  but we all balance each other out. ( yeah, people here in FL, think I'm lying when I tell them haitians can be light LMAO so I went on facebook and pointed out like 20 that I knew smh) ....now in NY I did throw a lot of people my age for a loop, like they expected me to be dominican or something LMAO I even had people tell me I was too dark to be hispanic and ESPECIALLY cuban...but the adults...they'd been around enough diversity to know that "my kind" was possible LMAO

Quoting momandher8:

maybe because I am from Brooklyn NY and live around people of all backgrounds, cultures, religions, etc... I mean we really enjoy each other. White people from Jamacia, a female whose father is a chinese man with a trinadadian accent, haitian woman who were lighter than me, black familes such as myself that come from mixed unions... so we living in New York really do not deal with each other based on color.. its about relating with each other.. spanish, white, blacks.. it really never came to question

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Quoting momandher8:

shrugging

Quoting JakesMom712:

You know I watched black. white. last night into this morning about race relations here in america and it really intrigued me... why does there have to be a label.. what happened to us being people and belonging to the human race.. what happen to just loving what you get and who you are with no matter what the color is...

There are people of all races that will not like a certain race for a certain reason but I find that there are a majority of us that do not look at race and love each other.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Wow. People always ask me if im rican! Ive seen latins darker then me and damn near white. But i love diversity. I live near whites, Indians, Pakistani, jamaicans, africans, blacks- not many Asians tho. But we all get along. One of the reasons i love my neighborhood and my city

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting momandher8:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Quoting momandher8:

shrugging

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Lmbao

Quoting MyJaidon:

Category: Thing

C__N BUFF__NERY

"Pat I would like to buy a vowel, an 'O'."

Sorry I like game shows.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I have to disagree. I'm married to a STRONG latino who can handle this STRONG black woman. Strong people come in all races. It takes a STRONG MAN to handle a strong black woman PERIOD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm mad at myself bc I sat here trying to figure this out. Then I saw you ask Pat for an O and was like "yes, yes!".
I'm totally, dead ass serious when I ask how pro black IS you w/a handle like Pocahontas? That's a strong native American woman's name, not black!
Quoting MyJaidon:

C__N BUFF__NERY

Sorry I like game shows.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Yesssssss *in my drag queen voice*

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I'm mad at myself bc I sat here trying to figure this out. Then I saw you ask Pat for an O and was like "yes, yes!".

I'm totally, dead ass serious when I ask how pro black IS you w/a handle like Pocahontas? That's a strong native American woman's name, not black!
Quoting MyJaidon:

C__N BUFF__NERY

Sorry I like game shows.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlshine
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
What is a "strong" black man, black woman, or otherwise? I hate that term.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been in this group for a mighty long time and I have never seen so many racial charged posts! What are yall trying to prove really? Who left the damn gate open cause this ish right here is a mess.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Power to the people Revolution! (holds up power fist)

LOL No really I don't know. But I did learn something this week about colorism issues in africa, how hip hop has influenced and has been morphed to mean something in other countries, and why you shouldn't inject yourself with melanin killing products or use skin lightening creams so it hasn't been a complete waste. I'm sure I've missed what I was supposed to be learning from it all but hey.

Quoting nikabear:

I have been in this group for a mighty long time and I have never seen so many racial charged posts! What are yall trying to prove really? Who left the damn gate open cause this ish right here is a mess.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)