Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

longest labor experience

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 18 Replies

What was your longest labor? For me, I was induced, it was with my first....18 hours.....only pushed for thirty minutes.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zmama22
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

i was induced, then they made me go through 18 hours of labor and then gave me a c-section. i never dilated more than 2 cm and she was sunny side up. they spent all that time trying to get her to turn. but i can't complain too much because i had 2 epidurals and only felt short bursts of pain at the beginning and when the epidural started to wear off.

krisdev67
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

5 hours with my daughter (1st born) no hard labor at all...water broke went to the hospital and 30 minutes later she was here.

1 hour 10 mins with my son from the time my water broke...20 minutes HARD labor (2nd born)....and I decided that I was lucky with my wide birthing hips and said no more children..

lovingjx3lild
by Tamika on May. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My 1st child...I was in labor with him for 21 hours.  My 2nd was 8 hrs...My third 6 hours....my 4th 5 hours and my 5th 5 hours. My 1st was definitely the worst i'm surprised I had anymore after him. All my others were easy.

Anayiah3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
less than two hours doctor had to break my water but after that three pushes and out came the most gorgeous little girl ever I swear as a baby she was so quiet I was always checking on her lol now she doesnt ever be quiet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM

my first 8 hours.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
One and only= 8hrs from contractions to birth. 30 minutes of pushing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I don't know lol, I feel weird saying this but I felt like I was in labor for 3 days, I started having steady contractions Friday had my dr appt told me I just had to wait til my water broke or they got worse, then Friday night they got worse blood was coming out, it felt weird to pee my dh didn't want to go in yet because we had 3 false alarms already that week so then all day sat was in pain crying then final he realized I am in labor, so we go in they weren't going to take me but my dd was in stress so I go in get induced then finally Sunday at 1am my water broke and I went from 5 centimeters to 10 in 30mins  my dd was caught on something in there so I was pushing for a good 8hrs then she finally dropped and was out in 3 pushes at 8:08am

PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Labor - 18 hours w ds

Delivery - 2hours and 45 minutes w/ ds (yes, I pushed on and off for almost 3 hours)

w/dd she was Franklin breach - no labor and delivery I couldnt feel lol

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I was induced and was in labor for 12 hours before they decided to cut me open like I told them to.  I could feel that the twins were not moving down and I kept telling them that but they would not listen until 12 hours later when they realized I was right.

mom2myprince
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

26hrs no joke. I was at home and didn't know because IT was 3 months ahead of his due date.

so the next morning my parents took me to the er COULDNT take the pain anymore ( i thought it was them early contractions i heard about) so the time i was home to the er room and giving birth a total of 26hrs and he came out 3 pounds the size of a Pepsi bottle 24oz  stayed in the hospital for 3 months. but be bad as shit now and I'm glad he's here and he's OK.

Damn it done brought back memories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN