Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

i didn't know they still did this!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Mel
  • 9 Replies
I was lost, driving thru camden and i saw someone throwing sneakers across the street wire (whatever its called) i didn't know people still did this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I don't think they do it as much because now you get into trouble for it if they catch you.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Really? I never knew that. Why

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I don't think they do it as much because now you get into trouble for it if they catch you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Littering for one thing and I think the other has to do with the power line itself.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Really? I never knew that. Why

Quoting ksbondgirl:

mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM

My kid's father have told me that when they do that, it's either a drug house nearby or something to do with gangs. I forgot...it was a long time ago, when he told me this.  I think it's tacky.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I always thought it was because someone got killed in that neighborhood

Quoting mamadee1971:

My kid's father have told me that when they do that, it's either a drug house nearby or something to do with gangs. I forgot...it was a long time ago, when he told me this.  I think it's tacky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting mamadee1971:

I think that was the other thing, my kids father have said.  I'm having a "senior citizen" moment, and forgetting things.  lol.

Kandie7113
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting mamadee1971:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stormywaters03
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I googled it and found this on wikipedia...very interesting.

Some also say that shoes hanging from the wires advertise a local crack house where crack cocaine is used and sold[2] (in which case the shoes are sometimes referred to as "Crack Tennies").[citation needed] It can also relate to a place where heroin is sold to symbolize the fact that once you take heroin you can never 'leave': a reference to the addictive nature of the drug. Others claim that the shoes so thrown commemorate a gang-related murder, or the death of a gang member, or as a way of marking gang turf.[3]

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I've also been told it means there are hoes on the block!

Quoting Stormywaters03:

I googled it and found this on wikipedia...very interesting.

Some also say that shoes hanging from the wires advertise a local crack house where crack cocaine is used and sold[2] (in which case the shoes are sometimes referred to as "Crack Tennies").[citation needed] It can also relate to a place where heroin
is sold to symbolize the fact that once you take heroin you can never
'leave': a reference to the addictive nature of the drug. Others claim
that the shoes so thrown commemorate a gang-related murder, or the death of a gang member, or as a way of marking gang turf.[3]

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)