Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Rummey men & women

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 29 Replies
That gypsy wedding show is so interesting. They are very loyal to their culture will only marry within their culture. The girls aren't allowed to converse with the teen boys- the teen boys flirt with other girls of other cultures and apparently get their practice with them.

Interesting. I kind of admire some aspects of the culture but others are bizarre. What do you think? Have you watched the show?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Ive watched clips. Its on tlc right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

there was a post in confessions from a gypsy to ask her about her culture.......unfortunately they got mad at her answers to certain questions and got the post deleted.

they have and interesting culture for sure, they are also apparently one of the most hated groups of people in the world.

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

there was a post in confessions from a gypsy to ask her about her culture.......unfortunately they got mad at her answers to certain questions and got the post deleted.

they have and interesting culture for sure, they are also apparently one of the most hated groups of people in the world.

Why are they hated?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I think because she wouldn't answer questions about money. And something about stealing. But it was a very interesting post

Quoting Dana267:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Why are they hated?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quoting Dana267:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Why are they hated?

well from what I've seen it's their belief system. They have a controversial definition of stealing for one. other reasons just seems like prejudices like the ones against blacks and jews.

RobinSun
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM
The teenage boys remind me of Pauly D from Jersey Shore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxbsmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM
There's a large gypsies culture in the next town over. Idk if they classify themselves as romaney (sp) or not.

Anyway, they are live in one area and all of the houses are big. As for the gypsie women, you can tell that they are one by the excessive make up and prom style hair dos...everyday. even the little girls.

I watched the show the other night and I was confused by their lifestyle. I honestly feel sorry for the little girls, but if they like it I love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I read it and she was very defensive about her culture but then again some moms made snarky remarks at her.  It was as bad as Christians vs. Atheists.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

she had every right to be defensive. The main thing they were asking were "why do you dress like sluts, prostitutes, whores, etc " anyone would be defensive. But she still handled it with a lot more grace than the women hell bent on finding any reason to attack her. I have to applaud her for that.

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I read it and she was very defensive about her culture but then again some moms made snarky remarks at her.  It was as bad as Christians vs. Atheists.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Stormywaters03
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

What's the actual name of the show?  When I googled Rummey the only thing that came up was this post.  Is it that Big Fat Gypsy Wedding show?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)