Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
That gypsy wedding show is so interesting. They are very loyal to their culture will only marry within their culture. The girls aren't allowed to converse with the teen boys- the teen boys flirt with other girls of other cultures and apparently get their practice with them.

Interesting. I kind of admire some aspects of the culture but others are bizarre. What do you think? Have you watched the show?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Replies (21-29):
Kandie7113
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I posted about this show last week. It is interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1214Choc
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

From what I've seen on the show, it's very strange to me.  I'm not knocking it, but it's strange to me. 

I was very intrigued with the post over in MC, but I wasn't able to keep up with it because I've been studying all week.  I hate that it got deleted. 

zmama22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM

i watched it once because i thought it was "my big fat greek wedding." (i love that movie and will watch it everytime). the episode was about was about a party they were having. i saw how they kept the girls and boys separate. what i found odd was that even though they have these strict restrictions about opposite sexs intermingling, and they have strict rules against pre-marital sex, they let the young girls dress like hoochie mamas. but i do admire their ability to hold onto their culture and traditions.

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Girl Thanks----I'd rather someone point things out to me then to let me go on not knowing.

Quoting Stormywaters03:

It's Romany, but I wasn't correcting you, I just wasn't sure what show you were referring to.  It sounds interesting, I'm off to google.

Quoting Dana267:

Yes---did I spell it wrong?

Quoting Stormywaters03:

What's the actual name of the show?  When I googled Rummey the only thing that came up was this post.  Is it that Big Fat Gypsy Wedding show?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I agree.  They started it first.  But she put herself out there and she should have known that the women here will cause her grief.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

she had every right to be defensive. The main thing they were asking were "why do you dress like sluts, prostitutes, whores, etc " anyone would be defensive. But she still handled it with a lot more grace than the women hell bent on finding any reason to attack her. I have to applaud her for that.

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I read it and she was very defensive about her culture but then again some moms made snarky remarks at her.  It was as bad as Christians vs. Atheists.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

there was a post in confessions from a gypsy to ask her about her culture.......unfortunately they got mad at her answers to certain questions and got the post deleted.

they have and interesting culture for sure, they are also apparently one of the most hated groups of people in the world.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM

yep expecting people to act grown on this cite is like expecting a drunk to stay sober at the family BBQ. Not gon happen

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I agree.  They started it first.  But she put herself out there and she should have known that the women here will cause her grief.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

she had every right to be defensive. The main thing they were asking were "why do you dress like sluts, prostitutes, whores, etc " anyone would be defensive. But she still handled it with a lot more grace than the women hell bent on finding any reason to attack her. I have to applaud her for that.

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I read it and she was very defensive about her culture but then again some moms made snarky remarks at her.  It was as bad as Christians vs. Atheists.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

there was a post in confessions from a gypsy to ask her about her culture.......unfortunately they got mad at her answers to certain questions and got the post deleted.

they have and interesting culture for sure, they are also apparently one of the most hated groups of people in the world.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

when the girls dress that way they are presenting themselves as eligible for marriage.

Quoting zmama22:

i watched it once because i thought it was "my big fat greek wedding." (i love that movie and will watch it everytime). the episode was about was about a party they were having. i saw how they kept the girls and boys separate. what i found odd was that even though they have these strict restrictions about opposite sexs intermingling, and they have strict rules against pre-marital sex, they let the young girls dress like hoochie mamas. but i do admire their ability to hold onto their culture and traditions.

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

True!  LOL!

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

yep expecting people to act grown on this cite is like expecting a drunk to stay sober at the family BBQ. Not gon happen

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Interesting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)