Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a stripper be a saved Christian?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 91 Replies

So you can probably tell by my 2 posts that my cousin being a stripper is on my mind. I was confused by her picture because she was here last year saying she was saved and was trying to work things out with her youngest child's father. I had lost touch with her but she moved from Michigan to Atlanta to a suburb in Chicago and then back to Michigan. All the while we were talking she was speaking of God and being saved and so happy.

No she's apparently stripping again------for those who know strippers do you think it is possible to be serious about your spirituality and profess being a saved Christian and be stripping?

I'm not judging her----I'm just confused.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I believe a stripper can be saved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, in the same way that a fornicator can be a saved. The bible says we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Just because she is Christian or saved does not make her perfect. Stripping my be one of her struggles like stealing, or gossiping may be someone else's.

Litlmama87
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
4 moms liked this
What's there to be confused about?

She has her own personal relationship with her Lord & Savior, & how she gets to get to His Kingdom is her own personal journey.

It's not up to me to say whether or not she is/can still be saved or not, under the profession she has that puts food on her table & clothes on her back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I think maybe Dana is asking not IF she can be saved, but IS she actually saved if every single day she is taking her clothes off for money.

I am not religious, so I cannot really answer. I guess my question is, if you are causing men/women to lust after you every single day, can you continue asking for forgiveness for the same thing every day? If you wake up knowing that you are going to sin in this way, even though it is displeasing to God, are you really saved?

Is it like a murder charge, and premeditated sin is worse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Im a retired stripper and i now/and then considered myself saved and Christian
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM
7 moms liked this
Yes. A stripper can be a Christian as much as the gossiping chick, having children out of wedlock chick, lying chick, judging chick, lusting after another man chick, having abortion chick, abusing parent chick, the girl who just lied to the school chick, cheating on your taxes chick, cussing people out chick, thinking your holier than though chick etc. Her sin is not bigger than the next.

It may not be right but she can easily change her ways or pray to God every night to get her out of that. I'm not saying to purposely do the same thing over and over but it doesn't mean she isn't a Christian. Maybe not a good example and she knows in her heart she should change but doesn't mean she isn't one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
bump

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Quoting PurplWildFlower:

I believe a stripper can be saved.

While still stripping?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting ginene:

Yes. A stripper can be a Christian as much as the gossiping chick, having children out of wedlock chick, lying chick, judging chick, lusting after another man chick, having abortion chick, abusing parent chick, the girl who just lied to the school chick, cheating on your taxes chick, cussing people out chick, thinking your holier than though chick etc. Her sin is not bigger than the next. It may not be right but she can easily change her ways or pray to God every night to get her out of that. I'm not saying to purposely do the same thing over and over but it doesn't mean she isn't a Christian. Maybe not a good example and she knows in her heart she should change but doesn't mean she isn't one.

Yes- I think I agree with this in a a way. I am the first to say that gluttony is just as much of a sin as people say being gay is. Who knows. But people will say that God should be reflected in you and you are not of the world. You remove yourself from certain behaviors---- but any sin is sin- right?

Sharon911
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Not one of us can speak on her relationship with God but if she confesses with her mouth and believes in her heart then she is SAVED.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)