Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Things I've learned since joining this group

Posted by   + Show Post

1. It's not safe to post pics here.

2.this SERIOUSLY is NOT the site to post ANY private info since everything shows up on google.

Have you guys learned anything meaningful by being in this group?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Replies (151-160):
sweetiepie81
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You, a_leigh_d & buns saved me some typing!

Quoting 1214Choc:

Ooh a_leigh_d hit all kinds of nails on the head...LOL. So I'm just gonna go with what she said and add...

I've learned that there are a lot of miserable souls out there frontin online like they are the shizz.

I've learned not to take anything anyone on here says personally.

I've learned that just because I don't take things personally, that doesn't mean that others feel the same.

I've learned not to divulge too much info online.

I've learned that there are some crazy bitches out there who will seriously try to find you if you post something that they don't like. But what they don't know is that I'm just as crazy as they are.

I've learned that there are people who are qualified to raise a damn chihuahua, yet they have a house full of kids. Which is sad to me.

And last but not least, I've learned that some of you women don't know how to lighten up. Ladies, this is the part of the program where I'm just going to ramble, so just bear with me...if you're reading this and wondering if I'm talking to or about you, then yes I am. You don't have to be so serious (or front like you're so serious) all the time. It's okay to cut up. It's okay to laugh. Most of us deal with real life major shit day in and day out so we don't come online to have serious dialogue...we don't necessarily want to discuss politics, race relations, foreign policy, etc. So PLEASE lighten the f***up and jump in and cut up with us or not, but don't be trying to piss on folks parade when they're just online for some fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM
If it's not documented and I don't have prescription for medication you can't prove anything!

Quoting Stormywaters03:

I've learned...

bitches be crazy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetiepie81
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't like getting involved in online "drama" but for pete's sake buns & chica quit going back & forth w/dana. Evidently y'all are going to continually go back & forth w/o resolution. It is not that serious. Lets continue enjoying the group & our crazy visitors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetiepie81
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Ummm, did you miss where I had moved on? Okay, great message mission already executed and completed.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

I don't like getting involved in online "drama" but for pete's sake buns & chica quit going back & forth w/dana. Evidently y'all are going to continually go back & forth w/o resolution. It is not that serious. Lets continue enjoying the group & our crazy visitors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kings1queen
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Cliques still exist after high school.
As grown ups people think they can talk to strangers crazy just because
Theyre different types of families that work and i can learn from them
dimplesinblack
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Quoting a_leigh_d:

I've learned that women who lack social skills IRL, lack social skills online as well.

I've learned that some women love to say they are wealthy when they are not while the REALLY rich chic in the group never flaunts her money. (Don't ask me who b/c I'm not going to flaunt her money either)

I've learned that there are some really great women in the group and that bonds can be formed virtually.

I've learned that there are comedians here who make me LOL...literally.

I've learned that some people take CM way too seriously and personal.

I've learned that there are some miserable souls who pick fights for their own entertainment.

I've learned that age does not equate to maturity.

I've learned that some sticks up the butt are permanent.

I've learned that some women simply cannot accept IR couples.

I've learned that people are way too damn concerned about what comes out of or does not come out of Beyonce's cooch.

I've learned that for the most part, people can argue with someone one day and defend them the next.  It's a family thing!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifey77
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:12 AM

judging by your post you are not very trusting of the AA moms and i personally have been here since i got preggo with my 4 year old and if i have had any problems it did not have to do with the type of issues you describe nor have i heard thru the grapevine is all im saying ;)

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting wifey77:

umm ok not safe to post pics? whats happening someone stealing your photos? and why would you just post your personal info to people you barely know? in any group. im just saying. this group is not nearly as brutal as say confessions. of course you must use descreation, did i spell that right? when on the internet but dont put a pic with say your kid standing in front of your license plate or at your address plate at your house 

yes ppl steal pics LOL. I don't mean on purpose...but for example...if I say I'm going to the boricua festival today....all somebody gotta do is google boricua festivals and today's date...enough diligence and somebody can find out where you live lol...like for example the military people sometimes post what base they're at...bases aren't that big...at all. they have their own zip codes but...they're not that big. lmao don't underestimate crazy!

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Oh lawd! Is she a vampire with no reflection? She has to see what she looks like before she leaves?! c'mon son!!!
Quoting Bunsmommy:

You can even picture me looking like this while you do it!

MandiFuego
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I mean CM in general..not this group. If there wasn't so many replies I'd say go read em, a couple of people have had some pic stealing issues on CM lol....but somehow my post got turned into a pissin war between a few people lol.Oh, but yeah in general, I'm not very trusting of people at all lol. I never assume anyone has my best interest at heart...personal flaw, but I don't mind it lol

Quoting wifey77:

judging by your post you are not very trusting of the AA moms and i personally have been here since i got preggo with my 4 year old and if i have had any problems it did not have to do with the type of issues you describe nor have i heard thru the grapevine is all im saying ;)

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting wifey77:

umm ok not safe to post pics? whats happening someone stealing your photos? and why would you just post your personal info to people you barely know? in any group. im just saying. this group is not nearly as brutal as say confessions. of course you must use descreation, did i spell that right? when on the internet but dont put a pic with say your kid standing in front of your license plate or at your address plate at your house 

yes ppl steal pics LOL. I don't mean on purpose...but for example...if I say I'm going to the boricua festival today....all somebody gotta do is google boricua festivals and today's date...enough diligence and somebody can find out where you live lol...like for example the military people sometimes post what base they're at...bases aren't that big...at all. they have their own zip codes but...they're not that big. lmao don't underestimate crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN