Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I NEED A F***** DRINK!!! ASAP!

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it just me or does being a sahm seem a lot like the movie groundhog day? Everyday I do the same shit and its getting to be too much. Wake up at 4am. Clean King. Feed King. Play with King. Feed King again. Play,feed and clean King. Then its 8pm his bedtime. Maybe 9 if he napped. Clean house after he goes to sleep so it'll be ready when he get up in the morning. Repeat. If I don't get outside the house and away from King for a few hours soon I'm gonna fuckn lose it! I need some non-mommy time. I need to socialize with other adults before I forget how. Sure I have not a friend since I became a mother and will more than likely spend my time alone as I do in the house but I need out or I'm running away!!!
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
THX! Same to u! Can I have a cpl cases of those!! Pls n ty
Quoting krisdev67:

happy Cinco de Mayo!  drink up...

akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Quoting rayroe2:

I am a sahm and I don't have a car n stay in the country so I have no way of getting to a park, or running earning's etc so I want to be able to talk to other adults but I have no way to do that

we're in the same boat except I live in the city and still nothing!
akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I'm glad you found a way out. I'm looking. Its hard to do anything in detroit without a car & the bus system is a joke! I'm not about to have him having a heat stroke because the bus took 3hrs. Its not my attitude completely its my life.
Quoting Believe86:

I am a sahm as well. In the beginning, it was very overwhelming and frustrating. Over time, I got into my own routine. Now I'm in school and it's a great way for me to change up my week and to also have adult interaction. I also run errands, take my daughter to the playground,library,shopping. Whatever we have to do so that we don't get frustrated with just being in the house all day. I'd say the main way to get over your feelings, is to change your attitude...it's worked for me.

akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Quoting inmybizz:

I haven't the slightest idea how to find a playgroup. Honestly I've never bothered looking without transportation . The bus sytem is crap here 2-3 hr waits on a bus so imagine if I have to take.more than one. His dad gone with the truck all day so we sit...
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting akingsmom:

Quoting inmybizz:

I haven't the slightest idea how to find a playgroup. Honestly I've never bothered looking without transportation . The bus sytem is crap here 2-3 hr waits on a bus so imagine if I have to take.more than one. His dad gone with the truck all day so we sit...

try meetup.com or mochamom.org.. Is there a park w/in walking distance- great place to meet other moms. Do you have neighbors? any of them sahm's?

Do a local group search on here you might be able to find something..Good Luck!! I can't imagine staying home every single day..I would be a basket case for sure.. 

akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quoting inmybizz:

thx for the ideas! I really appreciate it. I'll try those and see if there's something I can get to. Neighbors nope. We just moved last wk so haven't had time to do much neighboring. Its definitely driving me crazy...literally! My s/o doesn't seem to realize how serious I am. Damn near headed to the psych ward but...no babysitter! :/
Thx again! :)
rayroe2
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

right and even in the city the only way around to things you like to do are by bus and not all cities are like new york city there spread out.

Quoting akingsmom:

Quoting rayroe2:

I am a sahm and I don't have a car n stay in the country so I have no way of getting to a park, or running earning's etc so I want to be able to talk to other adults but I have no way to do that

we're in the same boat except I live in the city and still nothing!

sweetiepie81
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Thought I was the only one who peed w/company lmao! Can you not put him in the stroller & tale h for a walk everyday so y'all not cooped up all day. Have you tried making arrangements w/his dad to take the truck a.couple times during the week? Any lil kids in the family that can be his playmate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I cant be alone at all. And I get to do it all over again with the new baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Quoting rayroe2:

that's so true. Anything worth doing is at least 2 buses. With detroit dot that's easily 4 hrs each way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN