Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I'm a new mother and my son is 5 months old and i could never bring myself to ever hitting him now or even when he's older. I know mothers and fathers who hit thier kids as young as one year old or younger then that. i'm not so caught up with the law of punishment for kids but i think its one where spanking your kid is child abuse, i'm not so sure. what do you all think about this? do you agree or disagree with the law? what are you all thoughts on this? Is it wrong or right?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
Princess223
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

When NEEDED I put something on that ass that ajax could'nt take off. I was the one to determine when it was NEEDED.

MandiFuego
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I started spanking my son once he could get around and get into stuff....I didn't spank him for years ( I think I last spanked him when he was 3...and didn't again til he was bout 8)...here recently cuz for some unknown reason he decided he was gonna let his step bro hype him up...negative.

Eff a law. These "laws" are why kids are killing their parents, blowin/shootin up schools and what not.

Parents were scared to hit em, then those kids started hittin them...I'll be DAMNNED ANY kid hit me, let alone my own. I had a 10 yr old throw food in my face...I took that bad ass boy DOWN and DARED his momma to call the police, all 3 of us was gettin arrested then.

smiley83
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM
This

Quoting memekisses:

i got spanked when i acted up as a child and im fine. i wouldnt ever beat my child but spanking isnt beating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:52 AM
I am not sure exactly what you're asking- but I rarely spank my children- my daughter is 5 and she only now gets a swat on her bottom- and usually it's because of attitude.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM
We spank our kids when needed. They get talked several times after,you know whats coming! My DD once said she rather get the spanking than punishment. She got both! I don't think the law is right. Abuse is abuse but spanking is spanking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I spank period, point, blank. One thing my kids are not going to do is think they run me. There was a point in time when I wouldn't pop or spank in public, but I realized that's when they would try me the most.

Stormywaters03
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I believe in spanking (not beating, but spanking).  For the first time ever last week I spanked Jordan in public, but he was acting a FOOL.  My brother normally tries to save him, but that time he was like, uh no you're tripping, she's finna get you.

I kept letting it slide, gritting my teeth thinking, he better be glad we're in public!

But then he was talking back and I said...who are you talking to?  And he was like YOU and pointed his finger at me. 

We headed to the bathroom.  When I came out, this older white man was smiling and said, you have to get them when they're young.  I was mildly embarrassed that he could hear, but not as embarrassed as I was when my three year old was talking to me like a grown ass man.

akingsmom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
The law? What labor they been thru? I pushed him out if he get outta line he getting spanked simple as that. Time outs dont work on most children and the. way I see it either I'm gonna spank him now or the law will spank him later. When he's older and other ways to show discipline are at hand I will use those also. Just remember there's a difference between spanking and beating.
2timezthefun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I think there is a huge difference between spanking and beating. When I was young if I got out of line yes I got a spanking. No my parents did not beat me or my siblings. Obviously i wont spank my 5 month old 9 month old 10 month old etc. Now my girls are almost 15 months old and there are times when I tell them not to do something and they'll stop and look at me and continue do it anyway. When they do I will pop them on the hands and tell them no. If it dont start disciplining my kids now they will be out of hand when they get older and Im not having that. I believe good discipline and structure is what is missing in a lot of these teens and young kids lives now which is why they are running rampib. The law is making it easier for these kids to do what they want and harder for parents to properly discipline their kids without having to worry about someone claiming child abuse. 

0Kit0
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I understand they create laws to protect people, but it's a very fine line between protection and overstepping. Some laws overstep with various issues, too much government involvement and it's a wonder where the line is drawn. I'm on the fence because I believe in spanking but in that even, there is also a very fine line between discipline and abuse. Not everyone knows when to stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)