Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to the Motherland

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone here traveled to Africa? I haven't been YET and don't know anyone personally who has been. Have u? If u have, how was your experience? If not, do u plan to or do not have the desire to?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
zmama22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM

i went to Senegal in 2000. it was a life-changing experience and i'm glad i went. my DD's father is Nigerian, so i expect i will go to his country one day and have the non-tourist experience.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Quoting zmama22:

i went to Senegal in 2000. it was a life-changing experience and i'm glad i went. my DD's father is Nigerian, so i expect i will go to his country one day and have the non-tourist experience.

I hear it's really beautiful.Were u treated like tourists or unwanted by the natives or local people?

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not been - I want to go to Goree Island. I think I'll wait until my children are in their teens. We are planning a trip to London in a few years because my son is really into Harry Potter and I think he'd enjoy it. Then I think we'll try to go to Greece because I know my son will enjoy that as well- its so much walking though!

Africa is one of those trips you want your children to be able to injest the entire experience on many different levels so I think waiting until they are older is a good thing.
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't been but I want to visit. I'm not sure what country I want to visit yet.
RobinSun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I would love to go to Africa. We hope to go the summer after our youngest has graduated. Right now we dont have a specific area in mind. Ill have to do some research to see where.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by Pamela on May. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I plan to go one day and I can't wait to go.  I have a friend that went a few years back on a missionary trip and she LOVED it!

zmama22
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting zmama22:

I hear it's really beautiful.Were u treated like tourists or unwanted by the natives or local people?

both depending on the setting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)