Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

soon after i leave oklahoma i'll be getting a great dane...we usually take in dogs a whole lot smaller but i've noticed i go fr one end of the spectrum to the other...black hair to blonde...15in of hair to a fade...small pet to big...anyway, eventually i'll add to my canine family and plan on getting a Deaf dog...just yesterday i was thinking about getting me a husband (maybe) but it'll be after my daughter graduates and is independent cuz he can't mess up me and Janae's tax refund (LOL) and that's gotta wait til after i get the dog...at least the great dane...so just now i decided if i'm gonna go get me a husband, i want  a Deaf one..ya'll know any? (haha yeah i'm serious) fluent in ASL, age 35 to 45...location doesn't matter right now...

P.S. why ya'll run Nathania/Natty off of CM? LMAO!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (21-27):
graciefreesoul
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM

you had a couple??

LOL@ wanting to hear my reason...'Deaf dogs need love too' is what i usually tell ppl when they ask why i plan on getting one haha...well, i can't say i want a Deaf husband b/c 'maybe he'll be diff' b/c my best silent friend set me straight on that a long time ago haha...she said 'they ain't no different!'

i guess i just want something different lol me deciding/discussing getting a husband is way out of the norm for me cuz i'm the S4L chick (single 4 life) that's sitn back feeling real blessed everytime ya'lls husbands get on your nerves or do something dumb that's got you visualizing what you're gonna spend the life insurance money on lol

when i started to post i was gonna ask how much a diff tax refunds are when you're married as opposed to single with dependents cuz i figured if i go get me one, he ain't gonna mess up me and janae's first of the year cash flow lol then i changed my mind about getn one b/c they just downright get on my last nerve even being involved just a little bit...but i saw just a little glimmer of hope in the possiblity of grabn one that's Deaf! it's a whole diff culture so i prolly wont hate his friends, he might not be a mamas boy, and i wouldn't have to worry too much about my bff flirting with him cuz none of my friends know sign language lol ooooo! and my house would stay quiet! believe it or not, that's another reason my home is manless...don't want sports or rap in my ears....yeah, i def gotta go find me one now!

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

she is very old 13-14 yrs old..I'm not exactly sure of her breed- she looks like she has some terrier in her..She was a rescue dog. 

Quoting graciefreesoul:

awww...how old is you dog and what kind is it??

Quoting inmybizz:

I think my dog is going deaf  ;(

graciefreesoul
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

wooo! she's an ol lady! that's abt how old my moms first min pin is and if she's still alive she's prolly still a big ol furry ball of energy! yeah, i'd be willing to bet she might be losing her hearing...that or she's just ignoring ya'll...

Quoting inmybizz:

she is very old 13-14 yrs old..I'm not exactly sure of her breed- she looks like she has some terrier in her..She was a rescue dog. 

Quoting graciefreesoul:

awww...how old is you dog and what kind is it??

Quoting inmybizz:

I think my dog is going deaf  ;(

rayroe2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

lol right, will I moved a lot when I was little, I hated it so I am settling here

Quoting graciefreesoul:

im the same weird way...i've actually never liked texas since i was a kid and i've never been able to figure out/explain why lol but it's familiar and there's money there and not so backwards like atlanta seems...atlanta seems to be packed with the type of ppl u say, tryna get famous or be seen rubn elbows with this person or that...if i move back, i wanna move a little north to kennesaw in cobb county...they can have atlanta/fulton county lol south of atlanta is stockbridge and mcdonough...seems nice and a whole lot less crowded...and cleaner...but, i could change my mind by the time i leave this dump...i said im not living in another 'red' state after this so that actually takes oklahoma, arkansas, texas, AND Georgia off my list LOL!

Quoting rayroe2:

lol that what my cousin was telling me too! I just feel like atlanta has a bunch of people trying to get famous, because most people get founded? i don't know if that is a word lol but anyways just out there trying to do to much I know not everyone out there is like but I heard there are a lot of nice areas that are quite yet not country, I wish I could find something like that here, I don't know the area that good. I could never ever live in Texas, I don't dislike it because I don't know much about the areas, but I don't think I could deal with the people, with that everything is bigger in Texas attitude lol I am so weird when it comes to states

graciefreesoul
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:42 AM

my goofy self didn't quote you when i did it...

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Okay stop asking about the dog. Deaf dogs are cool I've had a couple no big deal.

Why do you want a deaf husband? Deaf people need love too Craig but I'm pretty sure the explanation is going to crack me up. You jumped from deaf dog to deaf husband so I need to hear this.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Quoting graciefreesoul:

you had a couple??

LOL@ wanting to hear my reason...'Deaf dogs need love too' is what i usually tell ppl when they ask why i plan on getting one haha...well, i can't say i want a Deaf husband b/c 'maybe he'll be diff' b/c my best silent friend set me straight on that a long time ago haha...she said 'they ain't no different!'

i guess i just want something different lol me deciding/discussing getting a husband is way out of the norm for me cuz i'm the S4L chick (single 4 life) that's sitn back feeling real blessed everytime ya'lls husbands get on your nerves or do something dumb that's got you visualizing what you're gonna spend the life insurance money on lol

when i started to post i was gonna ask how much a diff tax refunds are when you're married as opposed to single with dependents cuz i figured if i go get me one, he ain't gonna mess up me and janae's first of the year cash flow lol then i changed my mind about getn one b/c they just downright get on my last nerve even being involved just a little bit...but i saw just a little glimmer of hope in the possiblity of grabn one that's Deaf! it's a whole diff culture so i prolly wont hate his friends, he might not be a mamas boy, and i wouldn't have to worry too much about my bff flirting with him cuz none of my friends know sign language lol ooooo! and my house would stay quiet! believe it or not, that's another reason my home is manless...don't want sports or rap in my ears....yeah, i def gotta go find me one now!

LOL I'll tell you now a deaf man is still really cereal about his sports! You can just mute it and get away with it.

As for the dogs yes. one poodle and one cocker spinal. I've also had a blind poodle. This has been the only time in my life I haven't had a dog in my home.  But I'm waiting till the boys are old enough to clean the yard, help bathe the dog, etc. D is probably going to try to talk me into when he gets back because they are saying they will be non deployable for 3 years when he gets back. But that does not mean he won't TDY or be gone a lot. I'd have to hurt him and the dog. LOL

graciefreesoul
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

LOL NOOO! no sports in my house! ioncur if it's on mute! none! haha reminds me of when me and my daughter went to monee's (silent friend) for a get together...we were the only hearing there with about 6-8 Deaf/HoH...tv was BLARING! lol

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

you had a couple??

LOL I'll tell you now a deaf man is still really cereal about his sports! You can just mute it and get away with it.

As for the dogs yes. one poodle and one cocker spinal. I've also had a blind poodle. This has been the only time in my life I haven't had a dog in my home.  But I'm waiting till the boys are old enough to clean the yard, help bathe the dog, etc. D is probably going to try to talk me into when he gets back because they are saying they will be non deployable for 3 years when he gets back. But that does not mean he won't TDY or be gone a lot. I'd have to hurt him and the dog. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN