Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

smh @black on black crime/greed

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

...it's nothing new and it'll never stop but it still shocks me to hear about it...

i lived here 20 years ago and left (gladly) b/c of this ish...it's a small town so even without personally knowing people, you were still in the same community and knew who they were related to and they prolly knew the same about you...20 years ago i could point out drug dealers and at one point was crushing on this one guy til he alledgedly shot and killed a pizza delivery guy...word in the community say he's covering for his brother...it's still too close to home so gladly, i leave...

20 years later i move back and there's a fresh drug related shooting...20 years later, you'd think these foo's woulda got a real job, even at whataburger or braums, to support all these kids their 35-50yo asses helped make (my 43yo cousin included) but no, these same triflin ignit asses are STILL selling drugs tryna live the easy life...got grandkids and still doing this?

the really sad part is the shooting in april 2010 involved guys that grew up together...one guy got with one of his buddys (or should i say homies?)  and planned how they would rob his room mate of his money and weed AND involve a couple 16 year olds...the room mate being robbed ended up dead...through my own friends and family, i know the stoughtenboroughs and browns (those that conspired to rob the room mate) and i worked with the gf/bm of the guy that was killed (the knights are well known here too as well as the gf, a mcgee)...this ish is gettn too close to home again...

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
The projects where I was raised, is demolished now (thank goodness ) I wouldn't move back there, for a million bucks, anyway most of the guys, few female. Were tragically killed there, it went downhill, we moved 1988, before it did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

this isn't even going on in the projects here...i didn' t know it but apparently there was a drive by a couple blocks down my street while we slept...didn't hear a thing...

rayroe2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I had a roommate from that state before she told me some gross stories, that is sad that people never know how to just grow up!

MandiFuego
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM

sounds like typical hood life to me. Every where I go, I hear the same stories...I see the elders and hear them talk about how in the last 30-40 years things just went to hell

ginene
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
You would think it would stop. It freaked me out when I saw this guy face on the news that I graduated highschool with for killing this drug dealers girlfriend. He was the clown class in highschool and it just shocked me on the path he chose. He apparently became a big time drug dealer and the guy stiff him so he killed his girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM

smh...wishing there was such a place where folks could relocate to where they don't have to hear about/see this crap in the paper or on the news and can just leave these dummies to destroy their own homes and lives...

i only caught wind of this crap b/c my elderly neighbor asked me to get him the sunday paper and dumbass was on the front page with that ish about him peading guilty of setn up his friend to be robbed....then just now im looking at the paper online for a house and see where this other idiot got caught robbing fast food joints...

Quoting ginene:

You would think it would stop. It freaked me out when I saw this guy face on the news that I graduated highschool with for killing this drug dealers girlfriend. He was the clown class in highschool and it just shocked me on the path he chose. He apparently became a big time drug dealer and the guy stiff him so he killed his girl.

Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You are right. That is why it doesn't make sense to me that we get into an uproar when a white person kills one of us when we do it everyday. WE don't snitch.

What the black community needs to understand is when we show the world that we don't VALUE the lives of the people who look like us ----we don't value their beauty-----we don't value their talents WE SUBCONCIOUSLY GIVE THE WORLD PERMISSION NOT TO VALUE US EITHER.

We don't provide our best service to each other---we don't expect good service from each other-----we need to change that image in society.

When you think of high crime areas you think of poor Hispanic and poor African America neighborhoods. Even though it's not an accurate stereotype---it represents the percentage of our communities that get the most attention.

graciefreesoul
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

folx here only value their dope, alcohol and money...damn sure don' t value their familes unless you can count keeping family tradition of being the towns biggest f***ups cuz i swear i left in 1995 and nearly blocked the whole 4 years i lived here out but when i come back it's the SAME 5 family names that stay in the news and keep populating the jails. i'm willing to bet each family has at least one male that's in prison for life and at LEAST 2 that have been in and out of jail for the same BS the last 20 years...

i'm actually surprised they put the story out there (period) the way they did...on the surface it sounds sad...one mans life is stolen b/c his friend/roommate decides to get greedy and plan up some scheme to rob him...but if you're not paying attention and don't know the history of these people, you wont catch the part where it was one drug dealer robbing another drug dealer...still sad because E.K. had a few kids and he had a grandbaby on the way but if you live the lifestyle what do you expect??

**I kinda wonder if E.K. hadn't got killed would C.S. eventually get caught? and how could C.S.  continue to live with him afterwards??**

Quoting Dana267:

You are right. That is why it doesn't make sense to me that we get into an uproar when a white person kills one of us when we do it everyday. WE don't snitch.

What the black community needs to understand is when we show the world that we don't VALUE the lives of the people who look like us ----we don't value their beauty-----we don't value their talents WE SUBCONCIOUSLY GIVE THE WORLD PERMISSION NOT TO VALUE US EITHER.

We don't provide our best service to each other---we don't expect good service from each other-----we need to change that image in society.

When you think of high crime areas you think of poor Hispanic and poor African America neighborhoods. Even though it's not an accurate stereotype---it represents the percentage of our communities that get the most attention.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM
We equates to all of us; do you not provide the best to our community? Do you not care about crimes that affect us and our children? Do you not strive to make a difference in our community? If you knew of a crime and who the perpetrator was, would you not "snitch"? If your answer is no, then that's just you that doesn't stand for WE! If your answer is yes then if nothing else you know at least one black person is not as you described us all to be by using the term WE!

OP, it seems as if all of these families have truly taken on not only the crabs in the barrel theory but also as if they've just given into poverty, hopelessness, and despair. How can anyone strive to see, do, or want better if everywhere they look all they see is despair and lawlessness. If you live in a bubble all of your life and no one ever pops the bubble and shows you a different way of life then at some point you become suffocated and die inside of the bubble. The way these families are living if no one ever intercedes and shows them a better and different way to live, will unfortunately lead them to extinction.

In many of our communities that once thrived and were the pride of the black community at some point that sense of pride dissipated and in its place came a sense of despair, probably once poverty set in and the good factory jobs were no longer accessible. When many of us felt there was no way to live the American dream or have wealth unless they turned to a life of crime. Unfortunately when pariah such as this started invading the souls of many of our communities not a whole lot of us stood up and said this is wrong this needs to end. So like with any infection it just got worse and unless many more of us band together and try to impress upon not even just the younger generation but to our entire community (when I say community I mean the AA race as a whole not as in the "ghetto") that there is a better way for us to live and that we need to respect and alue not just each other but ourselves it will just continue to get worse.

Quoting Dana267:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by Group Mod on May. 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Quoting Bunsmommy:

CAN YOU READ???????
NOW you're just being Disagreeable. My LAST paragraph addresses your first paragraph. If I weren't on my phone I'd bold it and make the text larger!!!

Attention everybody- bunsmommy is that other type of Black person NOT to be confused with the "we" I was referring to. Lol You're stalking me Suhcuriteee!!!!

Done.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)