Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

...it's nothing new and it'll never stop but it still shocks me to hear about it...

i lived here 20 years ago and left (gladly) b/c of this ish...it's a small town so even without personally knowing people, you were still in the same community and knew who they were related to and they prolly knew the same about you...20 years ago i could point out drug dealers and at one point was crushing on this one guy til he alledgedly shot and killed a pizza delivery guy...word in the community say he's covering for his brother...it's still too close to home so gladly, i leave...

20 years later i move back and there's a fresh drug related shooting...20 years later, you'd think these foo's woulda got a real job, even at whataburger or braums, to support all these kids their 35-50yo asses helped make (my 43yo cousin included) but no, these same triflin ignit asses are STILL selling drugs tryna live the easy life...got grandkids and still doing this?

the really sad part is the shooting in april 2010 involved guys that grew up together...one guy got with one of his buddys (or should i say homies?)  and planned how they would rob his room mate of his money and weed AND involve a couple 16 year olds...the room mate being robbed ended up dead...through my own friends and family, i know the stoughtenboroughs and browns (those that conspired to rob the room mate) and i worked with the gf/bm of the guy that was killed (the knights are well known here too as well as the gf, a mcgee)...this ish is gettn too close to home again...

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Replies (11-15):
Dana267
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

SMDH--where are you from?

Quoting graciefreesoul:

folx here only value their dope, alcohol and money...damn sure don' t value their familes unless you can count keeping family tradition of being the towns biggest f***ups cuz i swear i left in 1995 and nearly blocked the whole 4 years i lived here out but when i come back it's the SAME 5 family names that stay in the news and keep populating the jails. i'm willing to bet each family has at least one male that's in prison for life and at LEAST 2 that have been in and out of jail for the same BS the last 20 years...

i'm actually surprised they put the story out there (period) the way they did...on the surface it sounds sad...one mans life is stolen b/c his friend/roommate decides to get greedy and plan up some scheme to rob him...but if you're not paying attention and don't know the history of these people, you wont catch the part where it was one drug dealer robbing another drug dealer...still sad because E.K. had a few kids and he had a grandbaby on the way but if you live the lifestyle what do you expect??

**I kinda wonder if E.K. hadn't got killed would C.S. eventually get caught? and how could C.S.  continue to live with him afterwards??**

Quoting Dana267:

You are right. That is why it doesn't make sense to me that we get into an uproar when a white person kills one of us when we do it everyday. WE don't snitch.

What the black community needs to understand is when we show the world that we don't VALUE the lives of the people who look like us ----we don't value their beauty-----we don't value their talents WE SUBCONCIOUSLY GIVE THE WORLD PERMISSION NOT TO VALUE US EITHER.

We don't provide our best service to each other---we don't expect good service from each other-----we need to change that image in society.

When you think of high crime areas you think of poor Hispanic and poor African America neighborhoods. Even though it's not an accurate stereotype---it represents the percentage of our communities that get the most attention.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

graciefreesoul
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM

small oklahoma town right in the middle of Oklahoma City and Dallas tex...which is actually why there's always been a prob here...drugs coming from 2 major cities...for that reason alone it'll never change...i suuuuuure could use a couple hundred thousand from lotto or something so i can leave everything in this house and move to missouri city tex or somewhere where the crime rate and weather aren't so extreme...oh, and according to this website i go to when i want numbers for a specific city, where i'm at now the crime rates are 8 and 6 for violent and property theft type crimes...u.s. avg is 4 on a scale from 1 to 10

Quoting Dana267:

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
You are right

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Yes I can read, very well been doing so since I was four, which equates to 33 years of my life, hence why I asked why you continue to always say WE don't want change. It was a question Dana. Understand this about my personality when I tell you I have moved on from something I do it! It is a trait I learned from some wonderful ppl (mostly men) LET PETTY SHIT GO! You should've realized that once you decided to continue saying we someone was going to question it, I did. Your last paragraph dealt with people's perceptions of poor disadvantaged areas that are mostly inhabited by AAs and Hispanics.
You are right, Bunsmommy is that other type of Black person, I love my race I feel a great deal of pride in my race and I don't just talk about making a difference I find ways to do so.

And naw, that's you who holds on to petty shit can't move on and gets wet by arguing with women online. I'm really trying not to take on the thoughts so many more have of you, but I am starting to see why a whole lot ppl think that of you.
You don't have to make a damn thing bold for me, what you may want to consider for yourself is learning how to MOVE THE FUCK ON!

That was cute, she is going to quote me again and again and again like she did on Saturday but trying to use my statement. Told you it's okay for you to stalk me Dana, it's cool. DO IT GURL, DO IT!
Quoting Dana267:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

CAN YOU READ???????

NOW you're just being Disagreeable. My LAST paragraph addresses your first paragraph. If I weren't on my phone I'd bold it and make the text larger!!!

Attention everybody- bunsmommy is that other type of Black person NOT to be confused with the "we" I was referring to. Lol You're stalking me Suhcuriteee!!!!

Done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM
What made you go back knowing the challenges the town was facing 20 years ago?

Quoting graciefreesoul:

small oklahoma town right in the middle of Oklahoma City and Dallas tex...which is actually why there's always been a prob here...drugs coming from 2 major cities...for that reason alone it'll never change...i suuuuuure could use a couple hundred thousand from lotto or something so i can leave everything in this house and move to missouri city tex or somewhere where the crime rate and weather aren't so extreme...oh, and according to this website i go to when i want numbers for a specific city, where i'm at now the crime rates are 8 and 6 for violent and property theft type crimes...u.s. avg is 4 on a scale from 1 to 10

Quoting Dana267:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN