Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Don't start with me when I'm pregnant....

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

My mother just passed away in December.  I'm adopted, and all of my life, I've felt like an outsider.  Now with her passing, it's been confirmed.  In these 5 short months, I've heard all the drama that floated through the family about me and my ex.  And honestly, it hurts.  

Now at every turn, they wanna start drama with me because almost a month to the day of her passing, I found out I was pregnant.  No one supports me or checks up on me.  No one even calls me.  All I get are the drama calls about who said what and why.  And of course, the occasional FB posts from them about something or other.  

I want a drama-free pregnancy (if that's possible...lol).  I feel like thee ONLY black person in the world with a totally retarded "family".  

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM

No girl join the club. I couldn't even throw a party for my son back home because my mom and my dad's sides cannot get along for 5 damn minutes let alone for a party. Don't get me started on the trifling mess they do. Getting married and being around D's family has shown me how family is supposed to be. They have their issues like all familes but WAY better than mine.

mami1012
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Yeah, that's how it is with my Lee's family.  The already accept me as family and we've never really met.  I call the middle sister MY sister.  I just thought that with me bringing a new edition to the family, they would be happy.  But I guess since I never really was a part of the family....

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You shouldn't feel like you were never family. That's not how adoption is supposed to work. SMH. I think you should lean on your DH's family. I couldn't even be around my family most of my first pregnancy.

Is there a reason they are gossiping about you and your S/O

Quoting mami1012:

Yeah, that's how it is with my Lee's family.  The already accept me as family and we've never really met.  I call the middle sister MY sister.  I just thought that with me bringing a new edition to the family, they would be happy.  But I guess since I never really was a part of the family....

Sharon911
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Family is drama. They may not be your ideal family but they are your family nonetheless. Everyone has some level of dysfunction in their family.

Quoting mami1012:

mami1012
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

My DH????

Just spreading lies about me and my ex bc I kinda avoided them to avoid the drama they bring to ppls lives.  So when you avoid my fam and they dunno what you're doing, they make UP things they THINK you're doing.  

mami1012
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

@ Sharon - It's BEYOND disfunctional when they have "family" dinners and functions and don't invite you and you only find out about it when you see the pics on FB or comments from family friends who were at the dinner and not you.  

MandiFuego
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Nope..at least u have the some what reason of being adopted....

mami1012

YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SOOOO MUCH HURT.

MandiFuego

Quoting mami1012:

@ Sharon - It's BEYOND disfunctional when they have "family" dinners and functions and don't invite you and you only find out about it when you see the pics on FB or comments from family friends who were at the dinner and not you.  

OMG are we related?!!?

Sharon911
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Well damn! I'd feel left out and angry too! EDIT: Did you ask why you weren't invited?

Quoting mami1012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)