Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Melissa, you're black, and you know it! Real House wives of New Jersey.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 19 Replies

Why did Malissa Gorga of the Housewives of NJ not answer when Andy Cohen asked if she was part black during the last reunion show?.. The show was a while ago. Is she just playing up the Italian? I don't think she ever really said what nationality she is but,one can kind of tell.  Girl, you black,too, stop it. *Eyes up and to the left*  She's as Italian as the Olive Garden.

Does she look part black to you?

I was team Melissa until she avoided the question of being part black on Seaon 3's reunion show. I've gotta find a clip of that show somehow. Don't know if any of you saw and or remember that.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
Today at 10:00 AM
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
:-/ *shrugs*
Her hair looks super curly. But genetics is a bitch!! ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2k12
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Yea, she does look very black. But so do a lot of Italians, especially the ones that have descendants that come from Sicily which borders northern africa.

Princess223
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:26 AM

She sure does, she found creamy crack. That big nose gives her away.

Melissa Gorga Interview Gold Sequin Dress 300x272 Melissa Gorgas Gold Sequin Interview Dress

1214Choc
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I can't really call it.  But then again, I pretty much suck at being able to tell what someone's race is if they're fair skinned.  I thought Nicole Ari Parker was white for the LONGEST time....even after she was on Soul Food, I still couldn't see it. 

Delila12
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
She answered. She told him no. But there may be some in her that she's unaware of. It happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I agree, most italians do not own up to thier african heritage, so sad.

Quoting mom2k12:

Yea, she does look very black. But so do a lot of Italians, especially the ones that have descendants that come from Sicily which borders northern africa.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
This

Quoting mom2k12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I'm not good at guessing race for some..For the longest time i thought this guy i worked with was black and he was Indian.. 

Believe86
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM

She may have a little Black in her. Her daughter looks like she's half Black, like someone else said...genetics are a trip!!

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Not sure, but I'll add her to the "Suspected Negro" list, lol.

*shines light in Melissa's face*

Iz you iz, or iz you ain't a Negro, Melissa?  We found the 2 for 1 coupon to Church's chicken in your purse, don't deny it! You and Channing Tatum will NOT get away with this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)