Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I hate when people go through my trash

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 3 Replies

I make sure the kids don't toss anything in the dumpsters. I make sure the bags are TIED. The point being, that I hate food and random bits of junk being stuck in the trash can, attracting animals and worse even, flies. Animals can get scary, especially if you don't see them there, but the flies, lay eggs then it's all hot and sticky outside and you have tons of yucky larvae crawling around your dumpster. If you don't get to them soon enough they hatch and you can't even get into your house without racing a swarm of flies to get in. And when they get in your house, I mean, we all know the story. NASTY.

So, BooBoo the Fool came riding down my street on his bike. Hit up the neighbors trash, found something. No problem. Then he's taking his time tying it up. He gets into my recycling bins, nothing of interest. He goes into my dumpster, I swear, he was digging and searching, couldn't find anything. Leans most of his body into the trash and grabs a bag. NO PROBLEM. But then he proceeds to start ripping the bags open. REALLY? I'm standing at the window yelling, "THIS FOOL IS IN THE TRASH RIPPING THE BAGS OPEN!!!" He doesn't seem to notice. I'm throwing on my shoes to run out there, in the rain & no jacket, b/c it's madness. He wandered across the street and starts ripping up my neighbors recycling bin. I got to my door and he was putting it in the trash. So, he cleaned his mess, I was angry over nothing. But that neighbor came outside too, the guy took a cookie sheet, tied it to the contraption hooked onto his bike and pedaled away.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this guy was a little off. People come every week, usually to get the scraps the neighbor across the street puts out. He's a plumber so there are a lot of toilets, furnaces, etc. Sometimes we have old furniture or bikes or something out. THAT is understandable, but ripping up bags?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PurplWildFlower
by Blaxican #1 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Ripping up bags is a little much. The scrap metal and bottle collector usually make their way to my bin and garabe, but I have yet to witness someone going into garabe bags.  That's a different kind of dumpster diving...he was on some other stuff.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

He's probably looking for cans or anything he can recycle, to collect money to either eat or his next fix (drugs and/or alcohol).

RobinSun
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Thats just crazy. I have never witnessed anything like that before. I would be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)