Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
So last night i rsvp'd for an event. Itll be my first time out with ds. Anyway im so excited about going. I was telling df this morning about it. And at first he was like, oh go have fun blah blah blah. So i mentioned that i already booked a rental car and what kind. He asked how i could afford it and i was honest. My best friend is paying for it (along with going with me) so df got all weird and told me hed call me back. He hasn't yet. I was telling my grandma about it and she said she thinks df os jealous of bestfriend. But i dont see why. Bf and i have been friends forever, before df and i even got back together. So what does it sound like to you. Please enlighten me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I dont know. Id have to call and see. Im so excited about going out. And bf is too. But i dont like df being upset. And dealing with him you have to be a mind reader, you have to guess, he never just tells you whats on his mind

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Well I honestly don't know. Would it mess you all up financially? (You don't have to answer that none of my business just mentioning it as food for thought) Would it insult your bestie?  I don't want you to cancel because I feel you deserve to get away and do something for yourself. These things are tricky.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Ok. So should i try and cancel the car? Pay half?

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Well there you go. His wife's male best friend is paying for her to have a rental car and attending an event with her. He's uncomfortable with the relationship you to have most likely. He's probably not going to say anything because he knows that is your bestie but as a man he probably is going to feel some way because another man is providing for you.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Male.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

He's uncomfortable with the best friend. Now you didn't say so is the bestie male or female?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM
But df has a gf, df knows that

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting JakesMom712:

But your df is obviously a man. He doesn't believe that. He may think that as a woman, you are naive and not realizing that your bf does like you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I vote you flat out ask him. Because as much as we would love for our S/O's to be mind readers they just aren't and we aren't either. Yes we pick up on things but we cannot always know what they want and need and vice versa.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I dont know. Id have to call and see. Im so excited about going out. And bf is too. But i dont like df being upset. And dealing with him you have to be a mind reader, you have to guess, he never just tells you whats on his mind

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Well I honestly don't know. Would it mess you all up financially? (You don't have to answer that none of my business just mentioning it as food for thought) Would it insult your bestie?  I don't want you to cancel because I feel you deserve to get away and do something for yourself. These things are tricky.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Ok. So should i try and cancel the car? Pay half?

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Well there you go. His wife's male best friend is paying for her to have a rental car and attending an event with her. He's uncomfortable with the relationship you to have most likely. He's probably not going to say anything because he knows that is your bestie but as a man he probably is going to feel some way because another man is providing for you.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Male.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

He's uncomfortable with the best friend. Now you didn't say so is the bestie male or female?

bxbsmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
If he can't date you, why not date someone else until he can get you? Lol

Think like a man lady lol

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting JakesMom712:

But your df is obviously a man. He doesn't believe that. He may think that as a woman, you are naive and not realizing that your bf does like you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinSun
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't have to be able to read his mind to know that hes upset about you going out with your bf and hes paying for everything.

If it were me in your situation and df was that upset I wouldnt go.

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
RobinSun
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Df does stand for "dear fiance" right?? And Bf best friend?

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Most men think all men will go after a women..

Quoting JakesMom712:

We're just friends. Hes never come at me in that way.

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Being that you mentioned he's a man, I understand why he's uncomfortable. Not many men are going to spend money on a woman without expecting something in return.

JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Lol.

Quoting bxbsmommy:

If he can't date you, why not date someone else until he can get you? Lol

Think like a man lady lol

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandie7113
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Plus you didnt ask your man to go first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

is she single?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)