Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Teacher Appreciation Week

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

It's that time at my daughter's elementary school. Her teacher Mrs. Stubbs is one of the Best teachers. She teaches my daughter in a way that makes her easily understand how to solve a problem, she lets me know when my daughter needs to push a little harder and study. Keeps me posted on all the happenings, calls me just to give me the status of grades, behavior, scores etc. I really like her!

What can I give as a token of appreciation to her? I am clueless. I want to give something that will touch her and make her feel really appreciated. I already have a thankyou card in mind but what else?!

~Truly Blessed~
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
This week so far I've given a candy bouquet, tomorrow I'm sending a card, and Friday I'm sending in vanilla cupcake candle set that will make you wanna eat it.
I love my sons teacher and there's no amount of gifts that could show my appreciation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Favored01
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Now, thats sweet of you. I think I may steal your vanilla cupcake candle set idea, sorry. Thanks for your idea Lady, appreciate it!

Quoting sexychica25:

This week so far I've given a candy bouquet, tomorrow I'm sending a card, and Friday I'm sending in vanilla cupcake candle set that will make you wanna eat it.
I love my sons teacher and there's no amount of gifts that could show my appreciation.

~Truly Blessed~
madcat500
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

eeewww i can't do any thing with ed

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Today I sent my dd teacher some stationary pads, pens, markers, and a few other supplies. Tomorrow I'm sending a $10 gift card to Cornerstone bakery for lunch and Friday I'm not sure yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Our school does a group gift(which i kind of like)..A local florist bring in about 20 buckets of single stem flowers(all varieties)..The parents pay for the number of flowers a child can pick out(mine has four teachers so i purchased two flowers each)..The children then give the flower(s) to their teacher and by the end of the day the teacher(each one )has a full bouquet of flowers..The kids can also pick out cards and ribbons..It works out well and keeps me from trying to figure out what to get each teacher..

I do like the candle idea..If you are into making homemade items i think i have a link to a good site.  

Favored01
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I wish their school did this, its so convenient. I would have loved to make her something but time has been limited with me lately. Walmart is calling my name but please do give me the website for homemade items, mothers day and fathers day is almost here!! 

Quoting inmybizz:

Our school does a group gift(which i kind of like)..A local florist bring in about 20 buckets of single stem flowers(all varieties)..The parents pay for the number of flowers a child can pick out(mine has four teachers so i purchased two flowers each)..The children then give the flower(s) to their teacher and by the end of the day the teacher(each one )has a full bouquet of flowers..The kids can also pick out cards and ribbons..It works out well and keeps me from trying to figure out what to get each teacher..

I do like the candle idea..If you are into making homemade items i think i have a link to a good site.  

~Truly Blessed~
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We are giving my twins' teacher a Starbuck's card because she likes coffee a lot.

For my son's special ed teacher we want to give him an iTunes card so that he can purchase apps for the special needs students.

Maybe you could give her something that helps to keep her and her classroom organized or a gift card to Office Depot or Staples.

TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on May. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We love our kids teachers, as well. I had my kids write personal letters of appreciation. I sent in baskets of gourmet coffees & teas on Mon for both teachers. Also, I purchased gas cards for the kids to take in on Fri, since they both come from out of town daily.

zmama22
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

the PTO organizes activities for the whole week, so i just contribute $$ to the cause. in addition to the activities, they set up a mailbox for children to write thank you letters to their teachers, so my DD did that.

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

What if your not "imprssed" with your childs teacher?? What do you give then, if anything?

I'm thinking of giving gift cards to the Teacher Supply Store because umm his teachers well, they need some help. Or just thank you cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN