Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Group session

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 46 Replies

Hello all,

My friend Isabelle at work wants me to patch things up with my former bff. She thinks that we should have girls night and talk about our issues. Do you think that a good idea.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2timezthefun
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What are the issues you two are having ? 

isaiahbellamom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Are y'all like Jen and eveyln type issues lol if so, then no. If not then its a go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DivaMom1118
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM

This is what started us not speaking. We've been bff since grade school, but I understand that things change as we get older. She pissed me off as always. It was my bdayin Sept 2011. I was suppose to have girl night in. But, due financial reason I cancel it. Well, she wasn't supportive of that. She was saying that was wack and that's for her 15 year old daughter to do. I told a lot of woman about the event and they loved the idea. So, she couldn't gone to the event. Then, she tells her and I could to the spa instead. I said ok. She was going to take me to the spa because I toke her to the spa for her birthday. When anyway, the week of my bday she tells me she has to study for the captain's test that she taking a prep course for it. Her brother just had a baby boy that week. I ask her what she doing for my bday and she said nothing!! I am not sure if I going to be here. She was thinking about seeing her new nephew. I was told in the future don't plan nothing. Then, she tells she wsn't aware about the prep course. Then, I told her she wasn't there for most of the milestone birthdays. She is so selfish. I planned a her dinner for her and she didn't show. Then, she through that in my face, because I was late. I couldn't believe that she did that. So, we're not talking.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Quoting DivaMom1118:

This is what started us not speaking. We've been bff since grade school, but I understand that things change as we get older. She pissed me off as always. It was my bdayin Sept 2011. I was suppose to have girl night in. But, due financial reason I cancel it. Well, she wasn't supportive of that. She was saying that was wack and that's for her 15 year old daughter to do. I told a lot of woman about the event and they loved the idea. So, she couldn't gone to the event. Then, she tells her and I could to the spa instead. I said ok. She was going to take me to the spa because I toke her to the spa for her birthday. When anyway, the week of my bday she tells me she has to study for the captain's test that she taking a prep course for it. Her brother just had a baby boy that week. I ask her what she doing for my bday and she said nothing!! I am not sure if I going to be here. She was thinking about seeing her new nephew. I was told in the future don't plan nothing. Then, she tells she wsn't aware about the prep course. Then, I told her she wasn't there for most of the milestone birthdays. She is so selfish. I planned a her dinner for her and she didn't show. Then, she through that in my face, because I was late. I couldn't believe that she did that. So, we're not talking.

To sum it up- you are upset because she didn't come to your party?

MandiFuego
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

tbh,....this sounds like some petty ish...but then again i dnt have female friends so maybe i just dnt know.

queensweet
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the reason(s) you stopped dealing with her in the first place. If it is like anything like the issues on "basketball wives" then I will say no. lol. Just kidding with you.

It also depends on whether you feel like it is worth. The fact of the matter is that people are in your life for a reason, a season and a time. This may be the case with your former bff. Just pray about and wait for what God thinks is best.

2timezthefun
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting MandiFuego:

tbh,....this sounds like some petty ish...but then again i dnt have female friends so maybe i just dnt know.

I agree it does sound petty. Op I mean this is not worth ending a friendship over imo. I would just go talk to her and make up things come up in life and plans change. You guys aren't 15 anymore so just move on from it . If for some reason you feel you guys cant get past this then I guess call the friendship quits. 

twin girls baby boyMy day is NEVER boring in love expecting boy

queensweet
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM

It sounds like she was making excuses so she can back out of taking you to the spa.

Quoting DivaMom111

rayroe2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I get where you are coming from did she offer to reschedule?

queensweet
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, a lot of times the issues are petty when you are dealing with females because we catch feelings easily. It pretty much comes with our gender. lol.

I only have one girlfriend and she is 60 and I am 30. So far it has been a pretty decent friendship. Because truth be told, I can't deal with the unnecessary drama. I'm too old for that sh**.

Quoting MandiFuego:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN