Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

does anyone have any excema remedies? im lookin like a pair of alligator shoes right now :(

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I use aveeno products & aquaphor.  Also look into environmental things as well(detergents, soaps, perfumes, dyes, food) they will cause a flare up. If you are using a steroid be sure to put sunscreen on..Steroids make your skin photosensitive and will burn easily. 

DCMom713
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Bathe with original Lever 2000 soap only and limit your cow's milk intake.  Both of my boys have severe excema and we've tried just about every prescription cream and OTC cream and lotion. Once we visited the allergist, he told us that most cases of excema are related to cow's milk allergies.  I stopped giving them cow's milk and started using original Lever 2000 soap (at the recommendation of another excema victim) and their skin has completely cleared up.  Whenever my oldest son bathes with another kind of soap it will flare up; but as soon as he starts to use the Lever 2000 and Eucerin for moisturizing his skin clears up in 2-3 days. 

Bethea7
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

SHEA BUTTER

tthomas87
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

All Free and Clear Detergent, Dove Soap to bathe with, and Aquafor for skin. All of this works for my 7 year old oh her doc also gave us something called VaniCream.

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Harsh water cause flare ups. Use mineral oil in your bath water,wash with dove or caress(regular). Pat dry,font rub. Use ponds cream for your skin twice a day. Pat,dont scratch. Try this. It works wonders for my son. Oh also no extreme hot water. You're suppose to take baths mostly to keep the moisture in your skin.
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I was just bout to say real tea tree oil is the bomb!!!

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting LandonsMommy26:

tea tree oil is really good for eczema as well. it doesn't smell very good but it has helped my sons eczema.

it smells soo good to me LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Try pure shea butter. You can get it from any of the street vendors or natural product stores and it is quite inexpensive. Shea butter is natural and has fatty acids which are good for skin issues such as stretch marks, eczema and dark spots. Another option is aloe vera gel which has soothing properties.

Also eat foods (like cherries) which have natural anti-inflammatory properties

graciefreesoul
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM

of course Latesha would come up in here suggesting something strange but it seemed to help my nieces baby a lot...

my niece had eczema pretty bad when she was a baby but her daughter had it worse...so bad it got infected :(

i put about a cup of dry oatmeal in a blender and blended it about 30 seconds...you can prolly do this with straight oatmeal but making a powder helps make a paste better...anyway, once you blend it to a powdery substance, mix a few tablespoons (in a bowl or coffe cup?) with warm water but add a tiny bit at a time b/c you're trying to make a paste...not too thick and not to thin...then spread that on the eczema...let that sit 15 minutes then use a soggy facecloth to wash it off but like someone suggested, you gotta pat it, not rub it...normally what i did was hold her little face over the sink and with the soggy washcloth i wet the dried oatmeal first and them gently wiped it off...it cleared it quite a bit and prolly would have cleared it a lot more if someone would have continued to do it 2 times a day as recommended...poor thing kept trying to eat it off her face lol and yes, it's a bit messy but oatmeal seems to soothe the itchy parts and ofc b/c she wasn't itching, she wasn't scratching so it cleared...the aveeno has oatmeal in it (the baby eczema cream i think) but this is straight oatmeal so i think a bit better? google it! we tried the aquastuff and cetaphil or something but it didn't work well with her...

graciefreesoul
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

p.s. (piggybacking what someone said about cutting out dairy)

also the lady at the vegan store i go to told my niece to cut out everything in the babies diet that had cows milk in it...cheese, dressings, bread, cakes...every/anything that had milk in it....it's kinda hard to do b/c milk is in everything (i should know, i transitioned to vegan 2 years ago lol) but that seemed to help the baby (except anytime other ppl fed her stuff not realizing the food had milk in it...mac n cheese, gold fish, butter DUH) in more ways than one...she was over a year old so the soy/almond milk replacing the cows milk wasn't a prob either...

mymommasgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM
My sister baby uses lever 2000 she used to have really bad excema her skin looked horrible I felt so bad for her. She went to several doc everybody recommend the same stuff (which didn't really help) she also limit her milk intake and she has lovely skin now it took awhile to get it back lovely but when my sister started using the right stuff we loaded up on it to make sure she never run out

Quoting DCMom713:

Bathe with original Lever 2000 soap only and limit your cow's milk intake.  Both of my boys have severe excema and we've tried just about every prescription cream and OTC cream and lotion. Once we visited the allergist, he told us that most cases of excema are related to cow's milk allergies.  I stopped giving them cow's milk and started using original Lever 2000 soap (at the recommendation of another excema victim) and their skin has completely cleared up.  Whenever my oldest son bathes with another kind of soap it will flare up; but as soon as he starts to use the Lever 2000 and Eucerin for moisturizing his skin clears up in 2-3 days. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN