Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
I asked my SIL to braid my dd's hair yesterday, I left to run errands and when I got back she was finishing up, I couldn't help but to notice that she had put every color under the rainbow beads in her hair which I didn't ask for or send. I sent a water spray bottle, some black rubber bands, and her hair products and I expected her to use only that.

How do I tell her that I hate different color beads or barettes(sp) without hurting her feeling? I took them out soon as I got home. I actually thought about taking them out in the car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-14):
doll0302
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM
My DD had beads once. I almost list my mind. My mother got them. She eended up hating them because they too hurt her hair. Maybe you could tell your SIL that it hurts yourDD's hair?

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's a good idea plus I got my dd's hair braided in Jamaica last year, well not braids but plaits and they put beads on the ends and she complained every night that it hurt her head

Quoting queensweet:

That's nice of you to consider her feelings. Some people would not try to be so tactful. If there is a next time, just say something like, "Could you do me a small favor please and just use the rubber bands? I am asking only because I need a neutral color to match all her alfits." Hopefully she would understand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

lol. Jamaicans have a reputation of being angry people. Bup! Bup! Bup! Lorda mercy!

Quoting luvthagirl:

I enjoyed it but the club scene was scary and the locals weren't to friendly
Quoting queensweet:

Oooooh. Jamaica! How was it there? did you enjoy yourself?

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's a good idea plus I got my dd's hair braided in Jamaica last year, well not braids but plaits and they put beads on the ends and she complained every night that it hurt her head

Quoting queensweet:

That's nice of you to consider her feelings. Some people would not try to be so tactful. If there is a next time, just say something like, "Could you do me a small favor please and just use the rubber bands? I am asking only because I need a neutral color to match all her alfits." Hopefully she would understand.

ProudMommy_1034
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Well in that case just tell her that theyre not your style . She should understand b/c its your money .

Quoting luvthagirl:

I'm not fond of beads period, that's why she have never seen beads or small barettes on her hair

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

Just tell her that the different colors were a bit much for your taste '& buy clear beads , they still match everything .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I love beads and bright colors! LOL, I had every color under the sun in DD's hair last week. Here's a pic:

I don't know why her head looks lopsided cause it's not.

This is her hair today:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)