Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Ok I need some advice (UPDATE CUZ YALL KEEP REPLYING LOL)

Posted by   + Show Post

He's not going. In fact he actually got approval from his current supervisor to get the 10 days off....and as long as he's not in ALS, he'll take it and be there with me.

I NO LONGER NEED ADVICE ON THIS TOPIC LOL

the wobble is a line dance done at weddings now a days, based off the original song by V.I.C

I'm due July 18th

His class reunion is July 14th, in MD.

He's really wanting to go, so when I asked him about the baby he says to me well the doctor might induce u in June

Ok, Even more reason not to go! You travel that far in touch with all these different people and come back in contact with a baby that's a few weeks OLD?!?!

He's trying to stay with a friend (all his friends are females so that's not about to fly)

He rarely has money for ANYTHING so I'm not sure HOW he plans on getting there & back.

Now he's saying he's going to kill 2 birds with one stone and go see his son.

Although, I'm about 90% sure he told me his son would come down here for the summer. Now he's saying he'd have to drive 5 hours to go get him ( wtf is the difference if you're driving further to go to MD!!!)

Now he's saying I'm being selfish because I don't want him to go see his son but seriously is that close to my due date the right time to do something like that? 

He hasn't seen him since October. ( hasn't even tried) so what's the difference in waiting a bit longer? I think he's using his son as an excuse to go up there just to go to his class reunion. Like, he's risking missing his childs birth, or exposing her to all these other peoples germs to "see his son" mind u, the boys birthday is the end of July! ( about 2 weeks AFTER the reunion!)

Honestly, if he goes up there I feel like I might as well just give up on this realtionship because that's just...wow...who does this?

Am I really being that selfish or is he?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Replies (31-38):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dh haven't seen his son since October and hadn't tried, sounds like he's just not that into his kids period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1214Choc
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Help him go through the ValPak to find coupons for oil changes and tire rotations.  Wouldn't want him on the road w/o an oil change, ya know. 

Quoting atlshine:

He's being ridiculous but what can ya do?

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Why do u referred to his son as the "boy" and homeboy got his priorities missed placed talking bout going on a trip with little or no money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Quoting luvthagirl:

Why do u referred to his son as the "boy" and homeboy got his priorities missed placed talking bout going on a trip with little or no money

it's no different than saying him or his, he is a boy o.O I dont put my owns sons name on here so why would i put his?

lalasha
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Here's the sticking point for me. Why are you with someone that is broke and doesn't try harder to spend time with his child? It doesn't bode well for how he is going to be able to help support you and the new child emotionally and financially. I wouldn't have had a baby with him in the first place. Also it doesn't matter if you think he is using the child as an excuse you should NEVER and I mean NEVER get in the way of a child being able to see their parent you should always have faith that they aren't using the kid as an out because your jealousy and insecurity has no right to get between a child and their parent not right at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlshine
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Lol! What in the world?

Quoting 1214Choc:

Help him go through the ValPak to find coupons for oil changes and tire rotations.  Wouldn't want him on the road w/o an oil change, ya know. 

Quoting atlshine:

He's being ridiculous but what can ya do?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlshine
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM
How long have you two been together?

Y'all all off topic. Wobble with me, wobble with me, wobble with me. Get in there! 'ell yeah! Get in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quoting atlshine:

How long have you two been together?

Y'all all off topic. Wobble with me, wobble with me, wobble with me. Get in there! 'ell yeah! Get in there!

LMAO, you just right on with us

Well, the post is pretty pointless now cuz I posted this before I had a chance to talk to him. Once I talked to him, he talked to his best friend about it...even his best friend was like SERIOUSLY. Why would you risk missing your FIRST DAUGHTERS birth to see some people you rarely talk to.

I usually don't like his friend but this time we were on the same page. A HS reunion is trivial compared to the birth of his child. Even he was like, you knew months ago that her due date was near yours son's birthday, you were telling me how great it would be to have him down with yall for the summer and let him meet his new sibling...now you gonna do what u want, but, I'm sayin in that position, pshh eff them fools.

BUBBLE BURST. 10 points

He even APOLOGIZED! 10 more

The only person that told him he should still go is...

His mom ( she don't believe anything until a DNA is done, rejected her "favorite grandon" for 22 months, til they got a DNA test)....that's why he apologized,  she's obviously crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)