Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-sleeping!!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:52 AM
  • 25 Replies
I have recently read up on Attachment Parenting and realized that's the style of parenting that I have always had and came natural to me. My DS slept in the bed with me from the day I took him home from the hospital till I got married last year. DH was not having it, for good reason though: My son is 3 and has his own bed he rarely slept in. Now we have our newborn dd and my DH is adamant about getting her out of our bed...soon. I told him to bear with me and by 3 months she will be napping and sleeping in her crib. For me its just easier to have her in the bed with me for all of those late night feedings. I have no one helping me with her besides him, but he's working all day, dinner beer and Xbox at night. He never wakes up to see why she's crying at night, but I don't bother him about any of this because he's the one working all day and needs his rest. I hate how he's pressuring me about her sleeping in our bed. He doesn't realize I guess how much easier it is for me to just sit up in bed pick her up and feed her. This way the only way I have to get out of the bed at night is to change her diaper. I'm rambling now...just needed to vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:55 AM
bump

DVS
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids have all slept in my bed for extended periods of time. my oldest was 4 when she left the bed and my boy was 3 and now my baby is currently stationed in my bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on May. 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Our 4 yr old is in our bed as I type. We let him fall asleep with us then he goes in his room. 2-3 in the morning he finds his way back because his room is " too dark" even with a nightlight. This kid is getting big so something has gotta give. ;0/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on May. 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds still sleeps in my bed. Ive tried to get him to sleep in hos crib, but hasn't happened yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad I'm single...

OP, what about in a co-sleeper instead? That way she's int he room, and close, and but IN the bed.

(I cna't beleive I even said that... SOOOO not me)

Is he worried about not getting enough sleep, or is this a control thing?

bxbsmommy
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Both of my kids are in my bed. They are 4 and 16 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kings1queen
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he's worried she will be 3 and wont sleep alone. But you can just tell him she is still a baby but you will get her use to sleeping alone. It just takes time. My toddler sleeps with us but im starting to kick him out bcuz he is a very bad sleeper. He slept all night by himself so you just have to get them use to it.
Favored01
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness, my babies were out of my bed as young as 10 months. She was sleeping through the night by then so I didnt have to get up. I slept with her in a different room until then...

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM
My dd is 4 and I can count on one hand the times she's slept in our bed and then it was because she was sick and I wanted to keep a close eye on her.

How do you and your dh make time for sex, cuddling, and pillow talk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM
My situation was kinda weird. My son slept in his own crib until age 1, but the downside was it was in my room. Then when I tried moving him into his own room he co-slept with until he was 2, theeennn....lol we moved into our house and for the longest he was afraid to sleep in his room. For the most part he's in his own bed, but being that dh is constantly out of town I'm always having a visitor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)