Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Need fashion help again!

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 60 Replies

I Bought this dress, I loved it in the store but having a hard time with it now. First question:Do you think its cute? Second question: What kinda shoes would you wear with this dress and what color/kind jewelry ?Also it drags on the floor horribly, is that normal for this type of  dress, I put it on with my highest shoes and it still drags should I take it back?

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahbellamom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Where wedges shoes with this dress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM

you could hem it to make it a bit shorter it does look long, but I don't like what it does to your boobs. it would be nice for a summer day, and maybe a gold shoe and some gold accessories

misssy2000
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

lol, what does it do to my boobs? I havent thought of gold that would be super cute. Thanks!

Quoting rayroe2:

you could hem it to make it a bit shorter it does look long, but I don't like what it does to your boobs. it would be nice for a summer day, and maybe a gold shoe and some gold accessories

rayroe2
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I don't know how explain it, but it doesn't fit them nice or do anything for them, so maybe put some kind of tang top bra type thing  under it maybe? from the picture its not easy on the eye because the top of it, I hope I am making sense

Quoting misssy2000:

lol, what does it do to my boobs? I havent thought of gold that would be super cute. Thanks!

Quoting rayroe2:

CafeMom Tickers
1214Choc
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Are you petite or is that dress just extremely long? 

I love this dress and I would wear it with some flat T-strap sandals.  I don't like heels with maxi dresses...makes it look like you're trying too hard or going to the prom or something. 

I'm not really big on necklaces...love the way they look, but hate the way they snag in my hair, so I don't know what, if any necklace you should wear.  Maybe some big hoops (if you're into that type of thing) and a chunky silver bangle or cuff bracelet. 

And despite what Ray-Ray says, I don't see a problem with the clevage area. 

misssy2000
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I dont see it but I could  try another bra. The dress actually has a shelf bra but I also have on a push up bra underneath. I can play with a few different ones or go without and see if it looks better thanks!

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't know how explain it, but it doesn't fit them nice or do anything for them, so maybe put some kind of tang top bra type thing  under it maybe? from the picture its not easy on the eye because the top of it, I hope I am making sense

Quoting misssy2000:

Quoting rayroe2:

MandiFuego
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I'm short, so I rarely buy long dresses, I'd personally take it back.

if you don't tho, I did like the wedges idea but idk about gold, I'm thinking silver

misssy2000
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I thought I was average height but I definitely ain't no tall. lol  Anywho yea its super long I think that they just go super long so the talls can wear it and the smalls can get it adjusted. If they went shorter then the really,really talk girls could not wear it at all. KWIM? I cant do flats with this though it would be allover the floor. I love hoops I will be getting me apair for this dress,and  some bangles  if I keep it. Thanks girl!

Quoting 1214Choc:

Are you petite or is that dress just extremely long? 

I love this dress and I would wear it with some flat T-strap sandals.  I don't like heels with maxi dresses...makes it look like you're trying too hard or going to the prom or something. 

I'm not really big on necklaces...love the way they look, but hate the way they snag in my hair, so I don't know what, if any necklace you should wear.  Maybe some big hoops (if you're into that type of thing) and a chunky silver bangle or cuff bracelet. 

And despite what Ray-Ray says, I don't see a problem with the clevage area. 

misssy2000
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

IM digging, silver, or gold but what do you think about brown?

Quoting MandiFuego:

I'm short, so I rarely buy long dresses, I'd personally take it back.

if you don't tho, I did like the wedges idea but idk about gold, I'm thinking silver

rayroe2
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

it gives you nice cleavage but I really think it was just because of the push-up it was doing to much when it a dress that is just meant to flow, I wasn't trying to be gross lol I just noticed that.

Quoting misssy2000:

I dont see it but I could  try another bra. The dress actually has a shelf bra but I also have on a push up bra underneath. I can play with a few different ones or go without and see if it looks better thanks!

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting misssy2000:

Quoting rayroe2:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN