Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it but hate it also

Posted by   + Show Post

so what are your kids names n were did you get them from ???

my son name is Ja'Darian Lauvar

i got that JA from my first name n i got Darian because that was my sons father best friend n he wanted him to be named after him i got the lauvar because thats my sons father middle name but i so hate that middle name

by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Deshonsmommy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM

did you and your SO pick them?

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

My boys have names from the Bible.

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My Husband got to give me the yes or no, but I picked them out. He's into "out there" "unique" names and I loathe those names so that wasn't happening. I didn't name them without his approval atleast but I was not budging on that.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Isaiah, Elijah and Micah are my sons names. Totally intentional based on their meanings and the fact that I liked the names.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on May. 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Just wanna point out I know 0 about you!! LOL :-P
I miss everything!!

Quoting luvthagirl:

I've shared enough with this group already. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shayshay90
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Raeleigh Kaye is my oldest. She's named after my mom (Kaye) & my dad (ray)

McKinley Ann is my middle. I just liked McKinley & her middle name is after my best friend of 21 years.

Jayce Michael is my youngest. Jayce after my husband's grandpa jay, & Michael after my grandpa.

i love their names especilly raeleigh kaye

1214Choc
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Most of y'all know my boys' names. They all have the same middle name (which is their dad's middle name). I wasn't a fan of all of them having the same name, but I didn't feel like arguing especially since its just a middle name. I picked my oldest's first name and my husband picked the other two names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deshonsmommy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Our sons middle name is Alexander (its Greek and means "protector of man kind) but his first name is a blend of our names Deshon (it means God is Gracious) , the funny thing is that I have always liked that name since I was a teenager way before  I met DH go figure! Lol

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

My Husband got to give me the yes or no, but I picked them out. He's into "out there" "unique" names and I loathe those names so that wasn't happening. I didn't name them without his approval atleast but I was not budging on that.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

DixieL
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

When my son was born my husband had to give him a J name, so we chose Jason. My husbands name is Richard. Our son's middle name is Richard. My husband calls him JR after JR Ewing

JadeStorm
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM

DS1 Deitrik O'shea after his dad

DD Alicia (because we just liked the name) and Yvonne after DH mother

DS2 Jadon (prophet in the bible) and Deshea (Dads name put together)

DS3 Jordan (Mommys maiden name) Antoine(My middle name is Antoinette)

MandiFuego
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Well my sons name is Manolo Jesus.

Manolo because at first his name was Emmanuel  and we called him Manny....I ended up changing his name but didn't want to confuse him or anyone else, but Manolo also because I am a scarface fanatic like....word for word, scene for scene I know that movie, I have tons of scar face items, art work on walls..everything..I'm serious about that movie....Manolo was Tony's best friend and my friends would call me the female tony montana so that's how he got that name... NOT shoes, HE WAS NOT NAMED AFTER MANOLO BLAHNIK!

His middle name is his fathers first name...which is confusing because everyone calls him Ace, or Apollo... based on HIS middle name which is Arturo.

Over all, I love his name, it has signifcant meaning to both of us.... Emmanuel? it didn't mean much to us, in fact I never thought of his name til he was born and I was filling out his birth certificate like uhmmm? LMAO

My first daughters name is Caliana Aley'Sha...didn't have much special meaning expect that I wrote a short story and the characters name was Caliana and I put the accent mark in the middle name because of how my first name is spelled( a tradtion my mom had for all of her kids)

This daughter will be Liliana Ma'Keba Grace, first name has my mom initials, and my grandmoms names are Lily and Ann and his grandmoms name was Lilian. I also wanted her to have a first name that was similiar to her Big Angel Sister. Middle name 1 is my sisters middle name, same exact spelling to follow the accent mark tradition of my mom and Grace is middle name nnumber 2 based on 3 dreams I kept having where I named her Grace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN