Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was told some time ago by someone that happiness is a choice and it is. But unfortunately I have heard and even witnessed so many women especially African American allow things and people to cause them unhappiness.

I've had some time to think about my wants, desires, ambitions and dreams. I also had some time to think about relationships (present and past). I found that I need to not deal with anything and/or anybody whom does not mean me any good, even my own family. It's hard because I am pretty much facing the world alone and it is scary. Sometimes I feel like I am on an island by myself. But at least on this island I have the One that is important and He is God.

Life is too short and I refuse to accept anything mediocre and I am not spend time being unhappy. It is a shame that there are so many people whom take delight in others' misery and love to see people down and I refuse to give my enemies any amunitiion. From this day forward, I make a vow to put me first for a change and to continue to increase in success. Besides, it's hard to keep a good Black woman down. How you like me now? wink mini

P.S. This post is not directed towards anyone here. lol. I just wanted to clarify that upfront.

by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Replies (11-17):
luvmia
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

You have my condolences in reference to your loss. Don't beat yourself up. The grieving is a process and it helps to talk to someone whom is good at counseling. Someone suggested I go to counseling, and for once in my life I have decided to go. I am not ashamed of it.

Take care and be blessed.

Quoting 4kings1queen:

I agree. I was thinking the same thing the other day. I just have to find a way to get past the hurt of my son dying. Most got their chance to say goodbye. I didnt. I want to go talk to my pastor about this but believe it or not thats the one person I dont want knowing this crazy story. Its been 3yrs and I have went through so much. I just wish I cant grasp the concept of happiness and move past the pain.

luvmia
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Oh I have took the initiative to make things happen. I am going back to school this summer at the local community college. I plan to take Anatomy and Physiology I and Modern elementary statistics. whew! lol. I am also making plans to apply for admission into a program to become a Physician's Assistant. I have some other things brewing but I am trying not to overwhelm myself. I'm just taking it one step at a time.

Unfortunately, one of the toxic people in my life is my mother. Eventhough she lives less than a mile from me, I just made a conscious decision just to send a positive post card or letter to her since I do not want to anger God by cutting off my mother completely. This is the only way I can keep my sanity and keep away the negativity and viciousness. Oh well. Life goes on and so shall I. I am proud of myself for the way I am handling this. After all, the best revenge is success.

Quoting tamikadorch26:

I understand that. I love to hear about people doing good for their self. You are never alone. Believe that but you have to step out and make things happen. It's not just going to fall out the sky . It is true if you are around crap and have people in your life that like to see you down and out. You will never be happy. It is a choice.You know what you have to do to make your life better. Give some people the boot and do what makes you happy.

tamikadorch26
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

As long as you are not disrespecting your mother then God won't be mad at you. BUT! I don't put up with shit from no one and I don't put no one in my business. It's good you are dong what makes you happy and feel good. As women, will do but a lot on the back burned for others and don't do for our self. I am going to a cooking college at BCC. Down the road. I have degrees in that and that is where my passion is. Cooking. Well, fine cooking and I am great at it. Do you. You only have you life to live and when you die it's over. Why have regrets and saying what if this or that. Live, Love, and Enjoy yourself.

Quoting luvmia:

Oh I have took the initiative to make things happen. I am going back to school this summer at the local community college. I plan to take Anatomy and Physiology I and Modern elementary statistics. whew! lol. I am also making plans to apply for admission into a program to become a Physician's Assistant. I have some other things brewing but I am trying not to overwhelm myself. I'm just taking it one step at a time.

Unfortunately, one of the toxic people in my life is my mother. Eventhough she lives less than a mile from me, I just made a conscious decision just to send a positive post card or letter to her since I do not want to anger God by cutting off my mother completely. This is the only way I can keep my sanity and keep away the negativity and viciousness. Oh well. Life goes on and so shall I. I am proud of myself for the way I am handling this. After all, the best revenge is success.

Quoting tamikadorch26:

I understand that. I love to hear about people doing good for their self. You are never alone. Believe that but you have to step out and make things happen. It's not just going to fall out the sky . It is true if you are around crap and have people in your life that like to see you down and out. You will never be happy. It is a choice.You know what you have to do to make your life better. Give some people the boot and do what makes you happy.

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Yep I hd to learn we can't make choices for other people. We are only responible for our choices. And people are allowed their choices, but also their consequences. My daughters dad is in drugs really bad. I tried to help him, be there, just because we had a child and were friends. He constantly disappointed me , til I just had to walk away. It hurts that I help people with drug addictions, yet can't save my own "family"". My co worker said he's allowed his choices, but he also has his consequneces, one being he isn't in his daughters life now. I choose to be happy and drama free, and thank the Lord for all my Blessings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmia
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I am happy for you. And thank you. I will take your advice and hit the ground running with my new life.

Quoting tamikadorch26:

As long as you are not disrespecting your mother then God won't be mad at you. BUT! I don't put up with shit from no one and I don't put no one in my business. It's good you are dong what makes you happy and feel good. As women, will do but a lot on the back burned for others and don't do for our self. I am going to a cooking college at BCC. Down the road. I have degrees in that and that is where my passion is. Cooking. Well, fine cooking and I am great at it. Do you. You only have you life to live and when you die it's over. Why have regrets and saying what if this or that. Live, Love, and Enjoy yourself.

Quoting luvmia:

Quoting tamikadorch26:

Kandie7113
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I agree but in my life its one person that I call the Devil who has been giving me hell. So sad how I love him and hate him. But I'm doing so good with not communicating with him unless it's necessary and even then I try not to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmia
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM

lol. I am all too familiar with this interaction. I find that no contact is the best contact.

Quoting Kandie7113:

I agree but in my life its one person that I call the Devil who has been giving me hell. So sad how I love him and hate him. But I'm doing so good with not communicating with him unless it's necessary and even then I try not to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)