Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Crazy situation

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
If you have a man in your life that you have kids with but he has done some fowl stuff to you. The unthinkable. You get back with this man a year later because things are different. But you never worked on the past so there was still damage there. One day you decide to end it all. But this time its for good. No help from you, no contact even about the kids becau se he is verbally abusive, you dont even speak to him now. You do allow him to see his children but nothing else. Is that wrong and childish? How do you handle situations like this?
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

BUMP!

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Is he verbally abusive to the children?

Or just you and if just you is he verbally abusing you in front of the kids?

msgamom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

How is that wrong? You're not under any obligation to continue any kind of personal relationship with him, outside of your kids, and even THAT'S questionable if he's not a good father.

I don't have anything to do with my ex husband, outside of the rare times he decides to play daddy (only when its convient for him or when he needs to show the kids off). And I even put a stop to that. He hasn't seen the kids since Feb (nor does he want to) or called them in a month. And I really could care less.

rayroe2
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

no. I don't know but I sure wouldn't feel like I was being childish

Sharon911
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM

No,it's not childish or wrong. It's called moving on. You don't have to have a relationship with him because he's the father of your children. Are you still hurting from what happened when you two were together?

4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Yes. He thinks i should have forgotten it all but its not that simple for me. The verbal abuse is in front of anyone. Not to mention how he would watch our son while i worked he would bring him to see his other kids mom. And she is the worst. I found out and flipped. He denies it but she told it.He always go back to her and we couldnt be normal because he was trying to please us both. Now i figure its time i move on my way. I want to move out of town but i stayed so he can see our kids. And for that i never got no appreciation. Im tired. And before things get worst i rather be drastic than normal.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM
When its over its over!!! No need to have a relationship with him because yall have kids together. At this point it would only be about the children. My kids have cell phones so there is no need to call me. We discuss important things but thats it. My personal life is my business.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM
When its over its over!!! No need to have a relationship with him because yall have kids together. At this point it would only be about the children. My kids have cell phones so there is no need to call me. We discuss important things but thats it. My personal life is my business.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM
It's being handled correctly. The only relationship that should matter at this point is between father and children. There's nothing to say to him unless its about the children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)