Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

the 10 most racists states....do u live in one of these?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 129 Replies

Hubby got a job opportunity in MONTANA.....I looked to see if it was a racist state. Not many black people there. Then I see this on Yahoo! Do u agree with this....most racists states and leasts racists states. What are your experiences where u live? Yes, I know there is racism everywhere :)

"The state with the highest racially charged search rate was West Virginia, where 41 percent of voters chose Keith Judd, a white man who is also a convicted felon currently in prison in Texas, over Obama just this May. Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Alabama, and New Jersey rounded out the top 10 most-racist areas, according to the search queries used.

Even if states that are considered fairly liberal, racism is prevalent enough in certain areas to put the entire state high up on the list. "Other areas with high percentages included western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, upstate New York and southern Mississippi," Stephens-Davidowitz points out in his New York Times article.

The 10 states with the fewest racially charged searches were Utah, Hawaii, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Washington DC, Minnesota, Oregon, Montana, and Wyoming."

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yep, Michigan...I'm from Kansas originally.

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

IDK, I'm Upstate NY and well, no problems that I'm aware of.  Nothing out of the ordinary I should say because there's always a problem somewhere.

Machelle669
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Yep

TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Yes, Ohio

mlg1989
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Well DC is 98% African Americans so that would answer that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kings1queen
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
That list sounds about right. Mississippi & Louisiana are at the top. And here I wanted to move to VA. Smh!
CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

My parents are both from West Virginia, and I say this with love.  Something ain't right with the water round there.  But it's wildly beautiful.

I don't know that I want to get comfortable with the idea of a racist state.  I've seen plenty of racists in the upper class county where I work (a suburb of dc).   

a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

What's wrong with VA?

Quoting 4kings1queen:

That list sounds about right. Mississippi & Louisiana are at the top. And here I wanted to move to VA. Smh!

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Not at all. I live in NYC.

JakesMom712
by Mel on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I can believe pa is on the list. Once youre outside of the metro areas, omg. Once i saw a kkk in full garb handing out fliers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)