Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

the 10 most racists states....do u live in one of these?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hubby got a job opportunity in MONTANA.....I looked to see if it was a racist state. Not many black people there. Then I see this on Yahoo! Do u agree with this....most racists states and leasts racists states. What are your experiences where u live? Yes, I know there is racism everywhere :)

"The state with the highest racially charged search rate was West Virginia, where 41 percent of voters chose Keith Judd, a white man who is also a convicted felon currently in prison in Texas, over Obama just this May. Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Alabama, and New Jersey rounded out the top 10 most-racist areas, according to the search queries used.

Even if states that are considered fairly liberal, racism is prevalent enough in certain areas to put the entire state high up on the list. "Other areas with high percentages included western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, upstate New York and southern Mississippi," Stephens-Davidowitz points out in his New York Times article.

The 10 states with the fewest racially charged searches were Utah, Hawaii, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Washington DC, Minnesota, Oregon, Montana, and Wyoming."

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (111-120):
Jkia1boy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Quoting unscathedd:

She was white it was so crazy and a well known hospital here smh!

Quoting Jkia1boy:

Quoting unscathedd:

I know it is bad here in Nc my hubby can't find a job and at my last job here I told my boss I was experiencing racism and she quoted " well this is the south"

Quoting Jkia1boy:

I live in NC and they're prejudice here!  I have been applying for jobs like crazy, and I can't stand when the application ask if you what is your race, like does that make a difference!  Or if they call you in and see that you are black and won't hire you, so yup you forgot about ol SUCKY NORTH CAROLINA! Can you say PREJUDICE STATE! DC/MD/VA are the Bomb States, no prejudice peeps at all....

The supervisor actually said "well this is the south"??  Now what was her race!!  Oh and don't let me get on the NAACP chapter here... They are just as bad...

Wow...smh..also!!  That's funny because I had an interview at this well known hospital in Raleigh, of course the lady was white, I ask her when will she get back in contact with me and she told me there were other great candidates, I was like OKAY.... Make a long story short, she didn't call me back and ummm....lol... I emailed her to see if she can at least have the decency to tell me if she picked someone else or not and she never got back with me.  CAN YOU SAY RUDE!

Jkia1boy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting rayroe2:

I really thought parts of north Carolina would of been on here! but I ain't surprised by any of those states, I lived in south Carolina they have a lot of racist terms!

Oh a couple of us have mention North Carolina should of been up on here.  I live in this crappy state!

mom1T2Ldh
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I pretty much agree but where is Cali at in all of this and Texas North and South Dakota and Washington State they missed some states I'm just sayin if your going to judge might as well judge all of the states

Carma998
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My brother went to Montana State University.  He believes Montana is a terribly racist state.  I have no personal experience.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I'm leaning towards Colorado instead of Montana. :)

Quoting Carma998:

My brother went to Montana State University.  He believes Montana is a terribly racist state.  I have no personal experience.

Purplehaze87
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I live in Ohio.  In Cincinnati.  See Riots of 2001 lol

Oddly enough when I lived in NYC I saw a lot of self segregation and a lot of undercover racism (as in I don't know 100% that's what it was but I'm sure it's playing a factor in some situations and it bs).

rayroe2
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

lol same here there is some nice parts, but the area I am in SOOOOO spread out and pricey and raciest for no reason!

Quoting Jkia1boy:

Quoting rayroe2:

I really thought parts of north Carolina would of been on here! but I ain't surprised by any of those states, I lived in south Carolina they have a lot of racist terms!

Oh a couple of us have mention North Carolina should of been up on here.  I live in this crappy state!

CafeMom Tickers
coffeeplease573
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I lived in a small town in southern PA. its very racist but the younger generation rebel against it. The white girls are having babies by the black, and Spanish men and the white boys are dating black women. So, racism is every where its just that people are jealous of other peolpe a lot of it is just a cover up.

Neeci306
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in Ohio and I complain about the prejudice here all the time.  Time for me to move on.

flw
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Thank you, Cafe Mom for the information. Your site is very informative. I am not sure why Minnesota is listed as one of the lowest in racially charged searches because I live here and its awful. I am preparing to move in October and that is one of the main reasons for the transition. Do you have any information about California, mainly the San Diego area with regard to racism?

Its hard to get away from unless you want to live in an area where you are surrounded by people who look just like you. Thats not what I am looking for. I'd like a great mix of cultures and social status and religions. This may be a pipe dream though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN