Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 56 Replies
Ive recently decided to stop using "creamy crack" and letting my hair go to it natural form. For ladies that have gone natural from relaxed hair, did you find the process difficult and what did you do to your hair to help with the transitioning? I just did Bantu knots on my hair and love the result.

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KW1280
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

YES!!!!!!  I think I damaged my hair beyond belief.  When I get my hair done she washes it wraps it and flat irons it and it looks like I have a relaxer.  I want to go curly but I am not brave enough

TamDom12
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Natural Bantu knots

This is my result from using the Bantu knot method and I actually like how it turned out . Also look into using the Curl Formers, you can see the video on YouTube. That's what I'm trying next! Good luck to you 😊
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Parker12
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I did a lot of sew-ins. My hair has been natural for 3yrs. Twist outs worked wonderful as well! Goodluck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TamDom12
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Thank you!! Just know its a heck of a process!!

Quoting Mrs.Parker12:

I did a lot of sew-ins. My hair has been natural for 3yrs. Twist outs worked wonderful as well! Goodluck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candy2
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Yes, it was difficult, hell, still is for me and October will be 3 years. Most of the time I keep it braided. You have to go through different products to find what works for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I kept it in kinky twists or braids before I BC'd.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM

For me my hair started breaking off after I got it relaxed for my wedding I actual had to cut all my hair off and let it grow back natural now twn years later I have no chemicals in my hair. And all my hair is new growth.

I wish you all the best with your hair.

MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I had my hair cut completely off.  I think i had about a inch of hair its been over 2yrs since.  I really didnt make a big deal of it

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I did braids. I love my natural hair! Finding products that was the hardest part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I want my hair to look soft and hydrated w/o it looking nappy....I haven't achieved that yet  what products did you find

Quoting Diva-Mami:

I did braids. I love my natural hair! Finding products that was the hardest part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)