Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do any of you know of some place to unwind after dealing with children and work 24-7?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 25 Replies

Sometimes from the everyday life, you want to unwind. My life seem to be consumed with work and kids. I need to relax outside of my crazy world. A local event or something. Even mommy hang outs! Can anyone throw some info my way? 

I have friends around but most of my friends can't relate to me. I'm a single mom at 42. My youngest child is 4. My friend's children are adults and out the house! I love my friends but sometimes you just want to be around people that really know what you're going through!   

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

LOL!  All I get is the bathroom at home and even then I get a request for a sandwich or my dd yelling that something is coming on TV next month...

terbear328
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Bathroom? I don't get that either! My 4 yr old son is at the door WAITING! LOL! I need more than Calgon taking me away!

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
At least hes waiting. Mine just walks in no matter whats going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

My daughter use to bust up in the place.   Once I came home from work and I decided I want some jazz, candles and a hot bubble bath.  I got everything all together and my daughter, 5 at the time, walked in  turned on the lights blew out candles, turn off the music and got in the tub with me. lol

Quoting Diva-Mami:

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM
My son tries to get in the shower with me. Showers last about 30 seconds enough to get wet thats it.

Quoting KW1280:

My daughter use to bust up in the place.   Once I came home from work and I decided I want some jazz, candles and a hot bubble bath.  I got everything all together and my daughter, 5 at the time, walked in  turned on the lights blew out candles, turn off the music and got in the tub with me. lol

Quoting Diva-Mami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terbear328
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Lol!

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Lol

terbear328
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Oh none of that! When they get to an age of asking questions and/or staring. It's time to give them their own bath time!

I have to say, there were times he did open up the door on me! And trust me, it wasn't a great moment. I was naked or on the toilet! Lovely!! Then there's my teenage daughter. Sometimes she want to be the baby. And other times, she know it all...tell it allll. Blah, blah, blah! Forget trying to get alone time. Between them two.....forget it!

See people, I need a break! LOL!

Chi2Indy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I find refuge in my car i just drive slow to home from work & park in the driveway for about 15 min just chatting on the phone with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Same here! There's no going to the bathroom on your own....It's like having your own entourage. Who needs secret service...I got my kids! lol

Quoting terbear328:

Bathroom? I don't get that either! My 4 yr old son is at the door WAITING! LOL! I need more than Calgon taking me away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)